Experimental evidence on bank runs under partial deposit insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1988. "A General Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Games," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582384, March.
- Hubert Janos Kiss & Ismael Rodriguez‐Lara & Alfonso Rosa‐García, 2012.
"On the Effects of Deposit Insurance and Observability on Bank Runs: An Experimental Study,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44(8), pages 1651-1665, December.
- Hubert Janoss Kiss & Ismael Rodriguez Lara & Alfonso Rosa Garcia, 2011. "On the Effects of Deposit Insurance and Observability on Bank Runs: An Experimental Study," Discussion Papers in Economic Behaviour 0211, University of Valencia, ERI-CES.
- Alfonso Rosa García & Hubert Janos Kiss & Ismael Rodríguez Lara, 2011. "On the effects of deposit insurance and observability on bank runs: an experimental study," Working Papers. Serie AD 2011-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2014.
"Experimental evidence on the ‘insidious’ illiquidity risk,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 315-323.
- Damien Besancenot & Radu Vranceanu, 2011. "Experimental Evidence on the 'Insidious' Illiquidity Risk," Post-Print hal-00607867, HAL.
- Vranceanu, Radu & Besancenot, Damien, 2011. "Experimental Evidence on the ‘Insidious’ Illiquidity Risk," ESSEC Working Papers WP1107, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Damien Besancenot & Radu Vranceanu, 2011. "Experimental Evidence On The 'Insidious' Illiquidity Risk," CEPN Working Papers halshs-00602107, HAL.
- Carlsson, Hans & van Damme, Eric, 1993.
"Global Games and Equilibrium Selection,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 989-1018, September.
- Carlsson, H. & van Damme, E.E.C., 1990. "Global games and equilibrium selection," Discussion Paper 1990-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hans Carlsson & Eric van Damme, 1993. "Global Games and Equilibrium Selection," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000001088, David K. Levine.
- Carlsson, H. & Van Damme, E., 1990. "Global Games And Equilibrium Selection," Papers 9052, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Carlsson, H. & van Damme, E.E.C., 1993. "Global games and equilibrium selection," Other publications TiSEM 49a54f00-dcec-4fc1-9488-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Chakravarty, Surajeet & Fonseca, Miguel A. & Kaplan, Todd R., 2014.
"An experiment on the causes of bank run contagions,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 39-51.
- Surajeet Chakravarty & Miguel A. Fonseca & Todd Kaplan, 2012. "An Experiment on the Causes of Bank Run Contagions," Discussion Papers 1206, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Kiss, Hubert J. & Rodriguez-Lara, Ismael & Rosa-Garcia, Alfonso, 2014.
"Do women panic more than men? An experimental study of financial decisions,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 40-51.
- Hubert J. Kiss & Ismael Rodriguez-Lara & Alfonso Rosa-Garcia, 2014. "Do Women Panic More Than Men? An Experimental Study on Financial Decision," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1406, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Kiss, Hubert Janos & Rodriguez-Lara, Ismael & Rosa-García, Alfonso, 2014. "Do Women Panic More Than Men? An Experimental Study on Financial Decision," MPRA Paper 52912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 2002.
"Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability? An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1373-1406, October.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1999. "Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability ? An empirical investigation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2247, The World Bank.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 2000. "Does Deposit Insurance Increase Banking System Stability? An Empirical Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1751, Econometric Society.
- Schmidt, David & Shupp, Robert & Walker, James M. & Ostrom, Elinor, 2003. "Playing safe in coordination games:: the roles of risk dominance, payoff dominance, and history of play," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 281-299, February.
- Jordi Brandts & David J. Cooper, 2006.
"A Change Would Do You Good .... An Experimental Study on How to Overcome Coordination Failure in Organizations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 669-693, June.
- Jordi Brandts & David J. Cooper, 2004. "A Change Would Do You Good... An Experimental Study on How to Overcome Coordination Failure in Organizations," Working Papers 115, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jordi Brandts & David J. Cooper, 2004. "A Change Would Do You Good . . . An Experimental Study on How to Overcome Coordination Failure in Organizations," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 606.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Arifovic, Jasmina & Hua Jiang, Janet & Xu, Yiping, 2013. "Experimental evidence of bank runs as pure coordination failures," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 2446-2465.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Carlsson, H., 1993. "Equilibrium selection in stag hunt games," Other publications TiSEM 8951ae88-c6e4-42e6-b253-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Olga Shurchkov, 2013. "Coordination and learning in dynamic global games: experimental evidence," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 16(3), pages 313-334, September.
- Brown, Martin & Trautmann, Stefan T. & Vlahu, Razvan, 2014. "Understanding bank-run contagion," Working Paper Series 1711, European Central Bank.
- Carlsson, H. & Van Dame, E., 1991. "Equilibrium Selection in Stag Hunt Games," Papers 9170, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Georg, Co-Pierre, 2011. "The effect of the interbank network structure on contagion and common shocks," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2011,12, Deutsche Bundesbank.
More about this item
KeywordsBank runs; Deposit insurance; Risk dominance; Global games;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2017-05-28 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2017-05-28 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-01510692. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.