Organizational Challenges of Multinational Corporations at the Base of the Pyramid: An Action-research Inquiry
To what extent and how does a multinational corporation adapt its strategy and organizational capabilities in order to address markets at the Base of the Pyramid? This paper builds on the results of a three-year action-research program conducted with Lafarge, a global building materials company and introduces a strategic framework which opposes two types of approaches of such markets: a licence-to-operate approach, and a business opportunityseeking approach. The article analyzes how the company moved from the first to the second approach and discusses the implications in terms of organizational capabilities of with each approach.
|Date of creation:||08 Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00771299|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patricia Crifo & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "Corporate Social Responsibility: From Compliance to Opportunity?," Post-Print hal-00512337, HAL.
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010.
"A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis: The Case of CO2 Emissions,"
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis : The Case of CO2 Emissions," Post-Print hal-00553959, HAL.
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A managerial perspective on the Porter hypothesis The case of CO2 emissions," Post-Print hal-00445847, HAL.
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis -The Case of CO2 Emissions," Post-Print hal-00633471, HAL.
- Ted London & Stuart L Hart, 2004. "Reinventing strategies for emerging markets: beyond the transnational model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 350-370, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00771299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.