Organizational Challenges of Multinational Corporations at the Base of the Pyramid: An Action-research Inquiry
To what extent and how does a multinational corporation adapt its strategy and organizational capabilities in order to address markets at the Base of the Pyramid? This paper builds on the results of a three-year action-research program conducted with Lafarge, a global building materials company and introduces a strategic framework which opposes two types of approaches of such markets: a licence-to-operate approach, and a business opportunityseeking approach. The article analyzes how the company moved from the first to the second approach and discusses the implications in terms of organizational capabilities of with each approach.
|Date of creation:||08 Jan 2013|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00771299|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010.
"A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis : The Case of CO2 Emissions,"
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis: The Case of CO2 Emissions," Post-Print hal-00575584, HAL.
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis -The Case of CO2 Emissions," Post-Print hal-00633471, HAL.
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A managerial perspective on the Porter hypothesis The case of CO2 emissions," Post-Print hal-00445847, HAL.
- Ted London & Stuart L Hart, 2004. "Reinventing strategies for emerging markets: beyond the transnational model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 350-370, September.
- Patricia Crifo & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "Corporate Social Responsibility: From Compliance to Opportunity?," Post-Print hal-00512337, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00771299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.