A weighted position value
We provide a generalization of the position value (Meessen 1988) that allows players to benefit from transfers of worth by investing in communication links. The player who invests the most in a communication link obtains transfers of worth from the second one. We characterize this new allocation rule on the class of cycle free graphs by means of four axioms. The first two axioms, component efficiency and superfluous link property, are used to characterize the position value (Meessen (1988), Borm, Owen, and Tijs (1992)). Quasi-additivity is a weak version of the standard additivity axiom. The weighting axiom captures the fact that the allocation of players should be increasing with their level of investment.
|Date of creation:||16 Sep 2009|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00420430|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Slikker, 2005. "A characterization of the position value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 33(4), pages 505-514, November.
- Haeringer, Guillaume, 2006.
"A new weight scheme for the Shapley value,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 88-98, July.
- Guillaume Haeringer, 1998. "A new weight scheme for the Shapley value," Game Theory and Information 9807001, EconWPA.
- Guillaume HAERINGER, 1999. "A New Weight Scheme for the Shapley Value," Working Papers of BETA 9910, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Owen, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "On the position value for communication situations," Other publications TiSEM 5a8473e4-1df7-42df-ad53-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ehud Kalai & Dov Samet, 1983. "On Weighted Shapley Values," Discussion Papers 602, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Chun, Youngsub, 1991. "On the Symmetric and Weighted Shapley Values," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 20(2), pages 183-190.
- Martin Shubik, 1962. "Incentives, Decentralized Control, the Assignment of Joint Costs and Internal Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 325-343, April.
- Martin Shubik, 1961. "Incentives, Decentralized Control, the Assignment of Joint Costs and Internal Pricing," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 112, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- repec:spr:compst:v:52:y:2000:i:1:p:39-56 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00420430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.