Allocation rules for fixed and flexible networks: the role of players and their links
We propose an allocation rule that takes into account the importance of players and their links and characterizes it for a fixed network. Unlike previous rules, our characterization does not require component additivity. Next, we extend it to flexible networks a la Jackson (2005). Finally, we provide a comparison with other fixed (network Myerson and Position value) and flexible network (player and link based) allocation rules through a number of examples.
|Date of creation:||02 Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sgroi, Daniel, 2008. "Social network theory, broadband and the future of the World Wide Web," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 62-84, February.
- Gilles, R.P. & Sarangi, S., 2003.
"The Role of Trust in Costly Network Formation,"
2003-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sudipta Sarangi & Robert P. Gilles, 2004. "The Role of Trust in Costly Network Formation," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 483, Econometric Society.
- Jackson, Matthew O., 2005.
"Allocation rules for network games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 128-154, April.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003. "Allocation Rules for Network Games," Working Papers 2003.51, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003. "Allocation Rules for Network Games," Game Theory and Information 0303010, EconWPA.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003. "Allocation Rules for Network Games," Working Papers 1160, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Marco Slikker, 2005. "A characterization of the position value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 505-514, November.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:200464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kamijo, Yoshio, 2009. "A linear proportional effort allocation rule," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 341-353, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.