The Effects Of Counterfeit On Luxury Brand Buying Behavior, In Terms Of Consumption Experience
A large number of studies on counterfeiting explore consumer behaviors in the consumption of counterfeit articles. But few of them consider luxury brand consumers and counterfeiting. Our research attempts to contribute to this field by studying strategies adopted by luxury brand consumers in the face of counterfeiting (Commuri 2009). To do so, we use the concept of an "experience of another self" in buying a product (Dampérat et al., 2002), which focuses on personal and social objects of consumption.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Cahiers de Recherche du CERAG n° 2011-11 E3. 2011, 15 p|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00660417|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cordell, Victor V. & Wongtada, Nittaya & Kieschnick, Robert Jr., 1996. "Counterfeit purchase intentions: Role of lawfulness attitudes and product traits as determinants," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Bian, Xuemei & Moutinho, Luiz, 2009. "An investigation of determinants of counterfeit purchase consideration," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 368-378, March.
- Wilke, Ricky & Zaichkowsky, Judith Lynne, 1999. "Brand imitation and its effects on innovation, competition, and brand equity," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 9-18.
- Gene M. Grossman & Carl Shapiro, 1986. "Foreign Counterfeiting of Status Goods," NBER Working Papers 1915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nill, Alexander & Shultz, Clifford II, 1996. "The scourge of global counterfeiting," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 37-42.
- Swami, Viren & Chamorro-Premuzic, Tomas & Furnham, Adrian, 2009. "Faking it: Personality and individual difference predictors of willingness to buy counterfeit goods," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 820-825, October.
- Steven Globerman, 1988. "Addressing International Product Piracy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(3), pages 497-504, September.
- Gene M. Grossman & Carl Shapiro, 1988. "Foreign Counterfeiting of Status Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(1), pages 79-100.
- Bush, Ronald F. & Bloch, Peter H. & Dawson, Scott, 1989. "Remedies for product counterfeiting," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-65.
- Harvey, Michael, 1988. "A new way to combat product counterfeiting," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 19-28.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00660417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.