Assessment of the impacts under future climate change on the energy systems with the POLES model
This paper presents the way we try to explore the most important impacts of climate change on the energy systems with the POLES model. We present the main features and adaptations of the POLES model with details on the treatment of the electricity demand in the residential and service sector, of the hydro and thermal electricity generation and energy demand for water supply while using climate drivers coming from other models. Comparisons of the results of the Reference projection with and without the taking into account of the effects of climate change on energy systems for the World and for Europe (EU27) up to 2100 are displayed in the paper.
|Date of creation:||17 Jun 2009|
|Publication status:||Published in International energy workshop, Jun 2009, Venise, Italy|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00452948|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- IIMI, Atsushi, 2007. "Estimating global climate change impacts on hydropower projects : applications in India, Sri Lanka and Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4344, The World Bank.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2006.
"A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 87-112.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, "undated". "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Working Papers 2005-04, FEDEA.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2005. "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Econometrics 0503005, EconWPA.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2005. "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Working Papers 0501, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Lehner, Bernhard & Czisch, Gregor & Vassolo, Sara, 2005. "The impact of global change on the hydropower potential of Europe: a model-based analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 839-855, May.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Sovacool, Kelly E., 2009. "Identifying future electricity-water tradeoffs in the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2763-2773, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00452948. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.