Assessment of the impacts under future climate change on the energy systems with the POLES model
This paper presents the way we try to explore the most important impacts of climate change on the energy systems with the POLES model. We present the main features and adaptations of the POLES model with details on the treatment of the electricity demand in the residential and service sector, of the hydro and thermal electricity generation and energy demand for water supply while using climate drivers coming from other models. Comparisons of the results of the Reference projection with and without the taking into account of the effects of climate change on energy systems for the World and for Europe (EU27) up to 2100 are displayed in the paper.
|Date of creation:||17 Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in International energy workshop, Jun 2009, Venise, Italy|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00452948|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2006.
"A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 87-112.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2005. "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Working Papers 0501, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, . "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Working Papers 2005-04, FEDEA.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodríguez, 2005. "A Residential Energy Demand System for Spain," Econometrics 0503005, EconWPA.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Sovacool, Kelly E., 2009. "Identifying future electricity-water tradeoffs in the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2763-2773, July.
- IIMI, Atsushi, 2007. "Estimating global climate change impacts on hydropower projects : applications in India, Sri Lanka and Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4344, The World Bank.
- Lehner, Bernhard & Czisch, Gregor & Vassolo, Sara, 2005. "The impact of global change on the hydropower potential of Europe: a model-based analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 839-855, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00452948. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.