Transparency, Performance, and Agency Budgets: A Rational Expectations Modeling Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pommerehne, Werner W & Schneider, Friedrich, 1978. "Fiscal Illusion, Political Institutions, and Local Public Spending," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 381-408.
- Wagner, Richard E & Weber, Warren E, 1975. "Competition, Monopoly, and the Organization of Government in Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 661-684, December.
- Palm, F. & Zellner, A., 1991.
"To combine or not to combine? issues of combining forecasts,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1991022, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PALM, Franz C. & ZELLNER, Arnold, 1992. "To Combine or not to Combine? Issues of Combining Forecasts," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tabellini, Guido & Alesina, Alberto, 1990.
"Voting on the Budget Deficit,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 37-49, March.
- Alberto Alesina & Guido Tabellini, 1988. "Voting on the Budget Deficit," NBER Working Papers 2759, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Tabellini, Guido, 1988. "Voting on the Budget Deficit," CEPR Discussion Papers 269, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tabellini, Guido & Alesina, Alberto, 1990. "Voting on the Budget Deficit," Scholarly Articles 4553030, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Guido Tabellini & Alberto Alesina, 1988. "Voting on the Budget Deficit," UCLA Economics Working Papers 539, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Fiorina, Morris P. & Noll, Roger G., 1978.
"Voters, bureaucrats and legislators : A rational choice perspective on the growth of bureaucracy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 239-254, April.
- Fiorina, Morris P. & Noll, Roger G., "undated". "Voters, Bureaucrats and Legislators: A Rational Choice Perspective on the Growth of Bureaucracy," Working Papers 159, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Dunleavy, Patrick, 1985. "Bureaucrats, Budgets and the Growth of the State: Reconstructing an Instrumental Model," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 299-328, July.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:77:y:1983:i:02:p:297-322_24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davies, Anthony & Lahiri, Kajal, 1995. "A new framework for analyzing survey forecasts using three-dimensional panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 205-227, July.
- Davies, Antony, 2006. "A framework for decomposing shocks and measuring volatilities derived from multi-dimensional panel data of survey forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 373-393.
- Robert J. Mackay & Carolyn L. Weaver, 1983. "Commodity Bundling and Agenda Control in the Public Sector," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(4), pages 611-635.
- Davies, Antony & Cline, Thomas W., 2005. "A consumer behavior approach to modeling monopolistic competition," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 797-826, December.
- De Alessi, Louis, 1969. "Implications of Property Rights for Government Investment Choices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 13-24, March.
- Bert Green & John Tukey, 1960. "Complex analyses of variance: General problems," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 25(2), pages 127-152, June.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-1027 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey S. Banks, 1990. "Monopoly Agenda Control and Asymmetric Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 445-464.
- Breton, Albert & Wintrobe, Ronald, 1975. "The Equilibrium Size of a Budget-maximizing Bureau: A Note on Niskanen's Theory of Bureaucracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 195-207, February.
- Larkey, Patrick D. & Stolp, Chandler & Winer, Mark, 1981. "Theorizing About the Growth of Government: A Research Assessment," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 157-220, May.
- Kajal Lahiri, 2005. "Analysis of Panel Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 1093-1095.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:79:y:1985:i:04:p:1041-1060_23 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsbureaucracy; agency; budget; budget maximization; transparency; performance; imperfect information; Government Performance Reports Act; Scorecard;
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gwc:wpaper:2009-004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tara M. Sinclair). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degwuus.html .