To combine or not to combine? issues of combining forecasts
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- PALM, Franz C. & ZELLNER, Arnold, 1992. "To Combine or not to Combine? Issues of Combining Forecasts," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rossi, Barbara, 2013. "Advances in Forecasting under Instability," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Issler, João Victor & Lima, Luiz Renato, 2009.
"A panel data approach to economic forecasting: The bias-corrected average forecast,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 152(2), pages 153-164, October.
- Issler, João Victor & Lima, Luiz Renato Regis de Oliveira, 2007. "A panel data approach to economic forecasting: the bias-corrected average forecast," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 642, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Lima, Luiz Renato Regis de Oliveira & Issler, João Victor, 2008. "A panel data approach to economic forecasting: the bias-corrected average forecast," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 668, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Lima, Luiz Renato Regis de Oliveira & Issler, João Victor, 2007. "A panel data approach to economic forecasting: the bias-corrected average forecast," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 650, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Winford H. Masanjala & Chris Papageorgiou, 2008. "Rough and lonely road to prosperity: a reexamination of the sources of growth in Africa using Bayesian model averaging," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(5), pages 671-682.
- Huiyu Huang & Tae-Hwy Lee, 2010. "To Combine Forecasts or to Combine Information?," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(5-6), pages 534-570.
- Saghafian, Soroush & Tomlin, Brian & Biller, Stephan, 2018. "The Internet of Things and Information Fusion: Who Talks to Who?," Working Paper Series rwp18-009, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Massimo Guidolin & Carrie Fangzhou Na, 2007. "The economic and statistical value of forecast combinations under regime switching: an application to predictable U.S. returns," Working Papers 2006-059, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Rosen Valchev & Antony Davies, 2009. "Transparency, Performance, and Agency Budgets: A Rational Expectations Modeling Approach," Working Papers 2009-004, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- M. Murty & Surender Kumar & Kishore Dhavala, 2007.
"Measuring environmental efficiency of industry: a case study of thermal power generation in India,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 31-50, September.
- M N, Murty & Kumar, Surender & Dhavala, Kishore, 2006. "Measuring Environmental Efficiency of Industry: A Case Study of Thermal Power Generation in India," MPRA Paper 1693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Liu, Fushang, 2005. "ARCH models for multi-period forecast uncertainty-a reality check using a panel of density forecasts," MPRA Paper 21693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timmermann, Allan, 2006. "Forecast Combinations," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Till Weigt & Bernd Wilfling, 2018. "An approach to increasing forecast-combination accuracy through VAR error modeling," CQE Working Papers 6818, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Goodness C. Aye & Eric D. Mungatana, 2013. "Evaluating The Performance Of Small Scale Maize Producers In Nigeria: An Integrated Distance Function Approach," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 79-92, July.
- Thomas Theobald, 2012. "Combining Recession Probability Forecasts from a Dynamic Probit Indicator," IMK Working Paper 89-2012, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Sune Karlsson & Tor Jacobson, 2004.
"Finding good predictors for inflation: a Bayesian model averaging approach,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(7), pages 479-496.
- Jacobson, Tor & Karlsson, Sune, 2002. "Finding Good Predictors for Inflation: A Bayesian Model Averaging Approach," Working Paper Series 138, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- N.D. Geomelos & E. Xideas, 2014. "Forecasting spot prices in bulk shipping using multivariate and univariate models," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-37, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:1991022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.