A Critical Comment on Niskanen's Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yakov Amihud & Baruch Lev, 1981. "Risk Reduction as a Managerial Motive for Conglomerate Mergers," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 605-617, Autumn.
- I. N. Fisher & G. R. Hall, 1969. "Risk and Corporate Rates of Return," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(1), pages 79-92.
- Breton, Albert & Wintrobe, Ronald, 1975. "The Equilibrium Size of a Budget-maximizing Bureau: A Note on Niskanen's Theory of Bureaucracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 195-207, February.
- Niskanen, William A, 1975. "Bureaucrats and Politicians," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 617-643, December.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:79:y:1985:i:04:p:1041-1060_23 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aleksandar Vasilev, 2013.
"On the cost of rent-seeking by government bureaucrats in a Real-Business-Cycle framework,"
2013_20, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Vasilev, Aleksandar, 2013. "On the cost of rent-seeking by government bureaucrats in a Real-Business-Cycle framework," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-84, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Vasilev, Aleksandar, 2013. "On the cost of rent-seeking by government bureaucrats in a Real-Business-Cycle framework," EconStor Preprints 142339, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Miltos Makris, 2003. "Administrative Bureaus with Standard Operating Procedures," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/062, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Nelson Marconi & Paulo Arvate & João Moura Neto & Paulo Palombo, 2009.
"Vertical transfers and the appropriation of resources by the bureaucracy: the case of Brazilian state governments,"
Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 65-85, October.
- João Silva Moura Neto & Nelson Marconi & Paulo Eduardo Moledo Palombo & Paulo Roberto Arvate, 2006. "Vertical Transfers And The Appropriation Of Resources By The Bureaucracy: The Case Of Brazilian State Governments," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 136, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Kiander, Jaakko & Venetoklis, Takis, 2004. "Spending Preferences of Public Sector Officials. Survey Evidence from the Finnish Central Government," Research Reports 114, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Miltiadis Makris, 2006. "Political authority, expertise and government bureaucracies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(3), pages 267-284, June.
- Vasilev, Aleksandar, 2013. "Essays on Real Business Cycle Modeling and the Public Sector," EconStor Theses, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 130522.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:107:y:2001:i:1:p:147-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .