Voters, bureaucrats and legislators : A rational choice perspective on the growth of bureaucracy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Fiorina, Morris P. & Noll, Roger G., "undated". "Voters, Bureaucrats and Legislators: A Rational Choice Perspective on the Growth of Bureaucracy," Working Papers 159, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto F. Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1999. "Budget Deficits and Budget Institutions," NBER Chapters, in: Fiscal Institutions and Fiscal Performance, pages 13-36, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:7:y:2001:i:2:p:184-198 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Glenn L. & Stenberg, Peter L., 1987. "A Simulation Model Of A Political Economy," Staff Papers 14258, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Ando, Amy, 1998.
"Delay on the Path to the Endangered Species List: Do Costs and Benefits Matter,"
dp-97-43-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Ando, Amy Whritenour, 1999. "Delay on the Path to the Endangered Species List: Do Costs and Benefits Matter?," Discussion Papers 10564, Resources for the Future.
- Morris Fiorina, 1982. "Legislative choice of regulatory forms: Legal process or administrative process?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 33-66, January.
- Mathew McCubbins & Terry Sullivan, 1984. "Constituency influences on legislative policy choice," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 299-319, August.
- Ando, Amy Whritenour, 1999. "Waiting to Be Protected under the Endangered Species Act: The Political Economy of Regulatory Delay," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 29-60, April.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:4:y:1998:i:1:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- B. Caillaud & R. Guesnerie & P. Rey & J. Tirole, 1988.
"Government Intervention in Production and Incentives Theory: A Review of Recent Contributions,"
RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(1), pages 1-26, Spring.
- Bernard Caillaud & Patrick Rey & Roger Guesnerie & Jean Tirole, 1987. "Government Intervention in Production and Incentives Theory: A Review of Recent Contributions," Working papers 472, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bryan Caplan, 2005. "Rejoinder to Wittman: True Myths," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 2(2), pages 165-185, August.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:6:y:2000:i:2:p:163-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Roig-Alonso, 2001. "Budget burden and benefit visibility of European central level governments," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 7(2), pages 184-198, May.
- Roig-Alonso, Miguel, 1999. "Visibility of public expenditure benefit in European Union member countries: new estimates," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa261, European Regional Science Association.
- Grosfeld, Irena, 1990. "Reform Economics and Western Economic Theory: Unexploited Opportunities," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-19.
- Al-Omar, Fuad Abdullah, 1995. "Growth Of Public Expenditure And Bureaucracy In Kuwait," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 2, pages 1-14.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1995. "The Political Economy of Budget Deficits," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Miguel Roig-Alonso, 2000. "Visibility estimates of budgetary burden and benefit in European countries," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 6(2), pages 163-177, May.
- Paul L. Joskow & Roger G. Noll, 1981.
"Regulation in Theory and Practice: An Overview,"
NBER Chapters, in: Studies in Public Regulation, pages 1-78,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Noll, Roger G., "undated". "Regulation in Theory and Practice: An Overview," Working Papers 213, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- P. L. Joskow & R. G. Noll, 1978. "Regulation in Theory and Practice: An Overview," Working papers 218, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Allan Meltzer & Scott Richard, 1983. "Tests of a rational theory of the size of government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 403-418, January.
- Miguel Roig-Alonso, 2004. "Fiscal Visibility in Spain: Two Types of Estimates," ERSA conference papers ersa04p97, European Regional Science Association.
- Rosen Valchev & Antony Davies, 2009. "Transparency, Performance, and Agency Budgets: A Rational Expectations Modeling Approach," Working Papers 2009-004, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, H. O. Stekler Research Program on Forecasting.
- Miguel Roig-Alonso, 1998. "Fiscal visibility in the european union member countries: New estimates," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 4(1), pages 1-15, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:9:y:1978:i:2:p:239-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.