Exit and Voice in vertical relationship : some proposals for transposing Hirschman's model (In French)
The aim of this paper is to transpose the A.O. Hirschman's exit/voice model into the analysis of vertical relationships. We stress the analogy between Albert Hirschman point of departure and the vertical relationship problem. The firms deal with many problems that occur during their relation : Interfirms deficiencies can occur into the relation. Suppliers and buyers need to define a reaction behavior. The categories of exit and voice establish the two possibilities of reaction of the buyers and suppliers in front of the arisen of a failing. So, it is possible to describe in a stylized way how owe be organized vertical relationship so that the exercise of the exit and the voice is feasible.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy J. Sturgeon, 2002. "Modular production networks: a new American model of industrial organization," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 451-496, June.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- Simon, Herbert A., 1978.
"Rational Decision-Making in Business Organizations,"
Nobel Prize in Economics documents
1978-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1979. "Rational Decision Making in Business Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 493-513, September.
- G. Dosi & D. Teece & S. Winter, 1990. "Les frontières des entreprises : vers une théorie de la cohérence de la grande entreprise," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 51(1), pages 238-254.
- Asanuma, Banri, 1989. "Manufacturer-supplier relationships in Japan and the concept of relation-specific skill," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 1-30, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grs:wpegrs:2003-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.