Reputation Sells -Compensation Payments in the Political Sphere
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:67:y:1973:i:04:p:1235-1247_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burkhart, Simone & Manow, Philip, 2006. "Veto-Antizipation: Gesetzgebung im deutschen Bikameralismus," MPIfG Discussion Paper 06/3, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Vreeland, James Raymond, 2009.
"Development aid and international politics: Does membership on the UN Security Council influence World Bank decisions?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Axel Dreher & Jan-Egbert Sturm & James R. Vreeland, 2007. "Development Aid and International Politics: Does Membership on the UN Security Council Influence World Bank Decisions?," KOF Working papers 07-171, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Robert Fenge & Matthias Wrede, 2004.
"EU Regional Policy: Vertical Fiscal Externalities and Matching Grants,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1146, CESifo Group Munich.
- Robert Fenge & Matthias Wrede, 2004. "EU Regional Policy: Vertical Fiscal Externalities And Matching Grants," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 63, Royal Economic Society.
- Garrett, Geoffrey, 1992. "International cooperation and institutional choice: the European Community's internal market," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 533-560, March.
- Gary E Bolton & Axel Ockenfels, 2007.
"The Limits of Trust in Economic Transactions - Investigations of Perfect Reputation Systems,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
33, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Gary E. Bolton & Axel Ockenfels, 2008. "The Limits of Trust in Economic Transactions - Investigations of Perfect Reputation Systems," CESifo Working Paper Series 2216, CESifo Group Munich.
- Thomas Stratmann, 2006. "Contribution limits and the effectiveness of campaign spending," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 461-474, December.
- Stratmann, Thomas, 2002. "Can Special Interests Buy Congressional Votes? Evidence from Financial Services Legislation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 345-373, October.
- Pitlik, Hans & Schmid, Gunther & Strotmann, Harald, 2001. "Bargaining Power of Smaller States in Germany's Landerfinanzausgleich 1979-90," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 109(1-2), pages 183-201, October.
- Torsten J. Selck, 2005. "Explaining the Absence of Inertia in European Union Legislative Decision-making," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(5), pages 1055-1070, December.
- Alberola, Enrique & Lopez, Humberto & Serven, Luis, 2004.
"Tango with the Gringo: the hard peg and real misalignment in Argentina,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3322, The World Bank.
- Enrique Alberola & Humberto López & Luis Servén, 2004. "Tango with the gringo: the hard peg and real misalign ment in Argentina," Working Papers 0405, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, March.
- Bernd Irlenbusch & Ulrike Leopold-Wildburger & Jörg Schütze & Matthias Sutter, 2003. "Voting in EMU - An Experimental Study of Institutional Innovation and the Role of Communication in the Stability and Growth Pact," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41, pages 645-664, September.
- Bård Harstad, 2008.
"Do Side Payments Help? Collective Decisions and Strategic Delegation,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 468-477, 04-05.
- Bard Harstad, 2007. "Do side payments help? Collective decisions and strategic delegation," Discussion Papers 1452, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Pablo T. Spiller & Sanny Liao, 2006. "Buy, Lobby or Sue: Interest Groups' Participation in Policy Making - A Selective Survey," NBER Working Papers 12209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geir Asheim & Carl Claussen & Tore Nilssen, 2006. "Majority voting leads to unanimity," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 35(1), pages 91-110, December.
- Sutter, Matthias, 2000.
"Flexible Integration, EMU and Relative Voting Power in the EU,"
Springer, vol. 104(1-2), pages 41-62, July.
- Matthias Sutter, 2000. "Flexible Integration, EMU and Relative Voting Power in the EU," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 41-62, July.
- Krumm, Raimund & Herz, Bernhard, 1997. "Voting requirements, concessions, international side payments and the European Monetary Union," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 691-703, December.
- Kroszner, Randall S & Stratmann, Thomas, 2005. "Corporate Campaign Contributions, Repeat Giving, and the Rewards to Legislator Reputation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 41-71, April.
- Steven D. Levitt, 1995. "Policy Watch: Congressional Campaign Finance Reform," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 183-193, Winter.
- Camerer, Colin, 1998. "Bounded Rationality in Individual Decision Making," Working Papers 1029, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Francesco Parisi, 2002. "Votes and Outcomes: Rethinking the Politics-Like-Markets Metaphor," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 183-192, May.
- Bård Harstad, 2005. "Majority Rules and Incentives," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(4), pages 1535-1568.
- Colin Camerer, 1998. "Bounded Rationality in Individual Decision Making," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 1(2), pages 163-183, September.
- Ilyana Kuziemko & Eric Werker, 2006. "How Much Is a Seat on the Security Council Worth? Foreign Aid and Bribery at the United Nations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(5), pages 905-930, October.
- Crombez, Christophe, 2000. "Spatial models of logrolling in the European Union," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 707-737, November.
- Messick, David M. & Moore, Don A. & Bazerman, Max H., 1997. "Ultimatum Bargaining with a Group: Underestimating the Importance of the Decision Rule," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 87-101, February.
- Lammers, Konrad, 2006. "Rechnet sich ein kleiner Nordstaat?," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 86(10), pages 665-672.
- Leech, Dennis, 2002. "Designing the Voting System for the Council of the European Union," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 113(3-4), pages 437-464, December.
- Peter Schwarz, 2006. "Deficits and Divided Governments: The Case of the German ‘Bundesrat’," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 87-101, June.
More about this item
KeywordsCompensation; Logrolling; Side-Payments; Political Reform; Political Economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:got:vwldps:145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ben Schroeter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vsgoede.html .