Signaling the value of a business concept : Evidence from a structural model with Brazilian franchising data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brickley, James A. & Dark, Frederick H., 1987. "The choice of organizational form The case of franchising," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 401-420, June.
- Francine Lafontaine & Joanne E. Oxley, 2004. "International Franchising Practices in Mexico: Do Franchisors Customize Their Contracts?," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 95-123, March.
- Falbe, Cecilia M. & Welsh, Dianne H. B., 1998. "NAFTA and franchising: A comparison of franchisor perceptions of characteristics associated with franchisee success and failure in Canada, Mexico, and the United States," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 151-171, March.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:87:y:2011:i:3:p:253-268 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jay Squalli & Kenneth Wilson & Sarah Hugo, 2010. "An analysis of market access," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(14), pages 1833-1844.
- Francine Lafontaine, 1992. "Agency Theory and Franchising: Some Empirical Results," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 263-283, Summer.
- Lafontaine, Francine, 1993. "Contractual Arrangements as Signaling Devices: Evidence from Franchising," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 256-289, October.
- Thierry Pénard & Emmanuel Raynaud & Stéphane Saussier, 2011.
"Monitoring Policy and Organizational Forms in Franchised Chains,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 399-417, November.
- Thierry Pénard & Emmanuel Raynaud & Stéphane Saussier, 2011. "Monitoring policy and organizational forms in franchised chains," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00656123, HAL.
- Brickley, James A & Dark, Frederick H & Weisbach, Michael S, 1991.
"The Economic Effects of Franchise Termination Laws,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(1), pages 101-132, April.
- Brickley, J.A. & Dark, F.H. & Weisbach, M.S., 1988. "The Economic Effects Of Franchise Termination Laws," Papers 88-11, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
More about this item
KeywordsFranchising; Emerging countries; Signaling theory; Structural Equation Modeling;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-06 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gat:wpaper:1228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nelly Wirth). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gateefr.html .