Changing Children’s Lives Risks and Opportunities (Cambiando la vida de los niños)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Commission on Growth and Development, 2008. "The Growth Report : Strategies for Sustained Growth and Inclusive Development," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 6507, December.
- Laura Camfield, 2011. "‘From School to Adulthood’? Young People's Pathways Through Schooling in Urban Ethiopia," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 23(5), pages 679-694, December.
- Outes, Ingo & Porter, Catherine, 2013. "Catching up from early nutritional deficits? Evidence from rural Ethiopia," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 148-163.
- James J. Heckman & Jora Stixrud & Sergio Urzua, 2006.
"The Effects of Cognitive and Noncognitive Abilities on Labor Market Outcomes and Social Behavior,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 411-482, July.
- James J. Heckman & Jora Stixrud & Sergio Urzua, 2006. "The Effects of Cognitive and Noncognitive Abilities on Labor Market Outcomes and Social Behavior," NBER Working Papers 12006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Afridi, Farzana & Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Sahoo, Soham, 2012.
"Female Labour Force Participation and Child Education in India: The Effect of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6593, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Farzana Afridi & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay & Soham Sahoo, 2013. "Female labor force participation and child education in India: The Effect of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme," Discussion Papers 13-03, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
- Dercon, Stefan & Singh, Abhijeet, 2013. "From Nutrition to Aspirations and Self-Efficacy: Gender Bias over Time among Children in Four Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 31-50.
- Andy Sumner, 2010. "Global Poverty and the New Bottom Billion: Three-Quarters of the World’s Poor Live in Middle-Income Countries," One Pager 120, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Andy Sumner, 2010. "Global Poverty and the New Bottom Billion: What if Three-quarters of the World’s Poor Live in Middle-income Countries?," Working Papers 74, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Cueto, Santiago & Escobal, Javier & Penny, Mary & Ames, Patricia, 2011. "Tracking Disparities: Who Gets Left Behind? Initial Findings from Peru Round 3 Survey," MPRA Paper 56482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karin Heissler & Catherine Porter, 2013. "Know Your Place: Ethiopian Children’s Contributions to the Household Economy," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 25(4), pages 600-620, September.
- Schott, Whitney B. & Crookston, Benjamin T. & Lundeen, Elizabeth A. & Stein, Aryeh D. & Behrman, Jere R., 2013. "Periods of child growth up to age 8 years in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam: Key distal household and community factors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 278-287.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thi Thanh Huong Vu, 2016. "Understanding Children’s Experiences of Violence in Viet Nam: Evidence from Young Lives," Papers inwopa868, Innocenti Working Papers.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Laura B. Nolan, 2016. "Rural–Urban Child Height for Age Trajectories and Their Heterogeneous Determinants in Four Developing Countries," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 35(5), pages 599-629, October.
- Christina Wieser, 2011. "Determinants of the Growth Elasticity of Poverty Reduction. Why the Impact on Poverty Reduction is Large in Some Developing Countries and Small in Others," WIFO Working Papers 406, WIFO.
- Axel Michaelowa & Katharina Michaelowa, 2011. "Climate business for poverty reduction? The role of the World Bank," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 259-286, September.
- Dalton,Patricio S. & Ruschenpohler,Julius & Zia,Bilal Husnain, 2018.
"Determinants and dynamics of business aspirations : evidence from small-scale entrepreneurs in an emerging market,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
8400, The World Bank.
- Dalton, Patricio & Rüschenpöhler, Julius & Zia, Bilal, 2018. "Determinants and Dynamics of Business Aspirations : Evidence from Small-scale Entrepreneurs in an Emerging Market," Discussion Paper 2018-009, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dalton, Patricio & Rüschenpöhler, Julius & Zia, Bilal, 2018. "Determinants and Dynamics of Business Aspirations : Evidence from Small-scale Entrepreneurs in an Emerging Market," Other publications TiSEM 5208b11c-cf81-45bc-9dd7-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bhisma K. Bhusal & James R. Wilson & Susana Franco, 2014. "Rethinking Policy Intervention for the Transition towards Competitive Trade-Led Green Growth," Working Papers 2014R02, Orkestra - Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- Dalton, Patricio & Rüschenpöhler, Julius & Zia, Bilal, 2018. "Aspirations of Small-scale Entrepreneurs : Evidence from Urban Retailers in Indonesia," Other publications TiSEM bc573b53-32a8-497b-a67d-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Raquel Almeida Ramos, 2012. "Financial Flows and Exchange Rates: Challenges Faced by Developing Countries," Working Papers 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Tony Addison & Miguel Niño‐Zarazúa & Finn Tarp, 2015.
"Aid, Social Policy and Development,"
Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(8), pages 1351-1365, November.
- Tony Addison & Miguel Niño-Zarazúa & Finn Tarp, 2015. "Aid, Social Policy, and Development," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2015-061, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Edmond Totin & Alcade C. Segnon & Marc Schut & Hippolyte Affognon & Robert B. Zougmoré & Todd Rosenstock & Philip K. Thornton, 2018. "Institutional Perspectives of Climate-Smart Agriculture: A Systematic Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(6), pages 1-20, June.
- Freund, Richard & Favara, Marta & Porter, Catherine & Behrman, Jere R., 2022.
"Social Protection and Foundational Cognitive Skills during Adolescence: Evidence from a Large Public Works Programme,"
IZA Discussion Papers
15551, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Richard Freund & Marta Favara & Catherine Porter & Jere Behrman, 2022. "Social protection and foundational cognitive skills during adolescence: evidence from a large Public Works Programme," PIER Working Paper Archive 22-022, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Bodenstein, Thilo & Kemmerling, Achim, 2015. "A Paradox of Redistribution in International Aid? The Determinants of Poverty-Oriented Development Assistance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 359-369.
- David Hulme, 2013. "Poverty and development thinking:synthesis or uneasy compromise?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 18013, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Heshmati, Almas & Kim, Jungsuk, 2014.
"A Survey of the Role of Fiscal Policy in Addressing Income Inequality, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Growth,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8119, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jungsuk Kim & Almas Heshmati, 2016. "A Survey of the Role of Fiscal Policy in Addressing Income Inequality, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Growth," Working Papers id:8421, eSocialSciences.
- Katie Wright, 2016. "Intergenerational Transfers over the Life Course: Addressing Temporal and Gendered Complexities via a Human Well-being Approach," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 16(3), pages 278-288, July.
- Petr Janský & Marek Šedivý, 2018.
"How Do Regional Price Levels Affect Income Inequality? Household-level Evidence From 21 Countries,"
LIS Working papers
752, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Petr Jansky & Marek Sedivy, 2018. "How Do Regional Price Levels Affect Income Inequality? Household-Level Evidence from 21 Countries," Working Papers IES 2018/24, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Sep 2018.
- Feeny, Simon & Vuong, Vu, 2017. "Explaining Aid Project and Program Success: Findings from Asian Development Bank Interventions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 329-343.
- Andy Sumner, 2016. "The world's two new middles Growth, precarity, structural change, and the limitations of the special case," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gianni Vaggi, 2017. "The rich and the poor: A note on countriesâ€™ classification," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 70(280), pages 59-82.
- Ruth Stewart & Carina van Rooyen & Thea de Wet, 2012. "Purity or pragmatism? Reflecting on the use of systematic review methodology in development," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 430-444, September.
- Porter, Catherine & Goyal, Radhika, 2016. "Social protection for all ages? Impacts of Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program on child nutrition," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 92-99.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAM-2014-10-03 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gad:ninosm:ninosmcambiandolavida. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gradepe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gradepe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.