Smooth Transition GARCH Models: a Bayesian perspective
This paper proposes a new kind of asymmetric GARCh where the conditional variance obeys two different regimes with a smooth transition function. In one formulation variance reacts differently to negative and positive shocks while a second formulation, small and big shocks have separate effects.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: G.R.E.Q.A.M., (GROUPE DE RECHERCHE EN ECONOMIE QUANTITATIVE D'AIX MARSEILLE), CENTRE DE VIEILLE CHARITE, 2 RUE DE LA CHARITE, 13002 MARSEILLE.|
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osiewalski, Jacek & Welfe, Aleksander, 1998. "The price-wage mechanism: An endogenous switching model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 365-374, February.
- Engle, Robert F. & Mustafa, Chowdhury, 1992. "Implied ARCH models from options prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 289-311.
- Bauwens, Luc & Lubrano, Michel & Richard, Jean-Francois, 2000. "Bayesian Inference in Dynamic Econometric Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198773139, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991.
"Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993. " Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 1994. "Threshold heteroskedastic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 931-955, September.
- Lubrano, M., 1996.
"Bayesian Analysis of Nonlinear Time Series Models with Threshold,"
96a12, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Lubrano, M., 1998. "Bayesian Analysis of Nonlinear Time Series Models with a Threshold," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 98a13, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Luc Bauwens & Michel Lubrano, 1998.
"Bayesian inference on GARCH models using the Gibbs sampler,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 1(Conferenc), pages 23-46.
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., "undated". "Bayesian inference on GARCH models using the Gibbs sampler," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1307, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENs, Luc & LUBRANO , Michel, 1996. "Bayesian Inference on GARCH Models using the Gibbs Sampler," CORE Discussion Papers 1996027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., 1996. "Bayesian Inference on GARCH Models Using the Gibbs Sampler," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a21, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Susmel, Raul & Engle, Robert F., 1994. "Hourly volatility spillovers between international equity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-25, February.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Pagan, A.R. & Schwert, G.W., 1989.
"Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility,"
89-02, Rochester, Business - General.
- Pagan, Adrian R. & Schwert, G. William, 1990. "Alternative models for conditional stock volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 267-290.
- Adrian R. Pagan & G. William Schwert, 1989. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," NBER Working Papers 2955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luc Bauwens & Michel Lubrano, 1991.
"Bayesian Diagnostics for Heterogeneity,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 20-21, pages 17-40.
- John F. Geweke, 1994. "Bayesian comparison of econometric models," Working Papers 532, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Jansen, Eilev S. & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1995.
"Testing Parameter Constancy and super Exogeneity in Econometric Equations,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
53, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Jansen, Eilev S & Terasvirta, Timo, 1996. "Testing Parameter Constancy and Super Exogeneity in Econometric Equations," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(4), pages 735-763, November.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1991:i:20-21:p:03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pagan, Adrian, 1996. "The econometrics of financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-102, May.
- Robert F. Engle & Alex Kane & Jaesun Noh, 1993. "Index-Option Pricing with Stochastic Volatility and the Value of Accurate Variance Forecasts," NBER Working Papers 4519, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1991:i:20-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kleibergen, F & Van Dijk, H K, 1993. "Non-stationarity in GARCH Models: A Bayesian Analysis," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages S41-61, Suppl. De.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "Stationarity and Persistence in the GARCH(1,1) Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 318-334, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:aixmeq:99a49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.