Transaction costs and market institutions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1997. "Food marketing liberalization and trader entry: Evidence from Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 763-777, May.
- Yavas, Abdullah, 1994. "Middlemen in Bilateral Search Markets," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(3), pages 406-429, July.
- McDonald, John F & Moffitt, Robert A, 1980. "The Uses of Tobit Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 318-321, May.
- Cosimano, Thomas F, 1996. "Intermediation," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(249), pages 131-143, February.
- Ravallion, Martin & Dearden, Lorraine, 1988. "Social Security in a "Moral Economy": An Empirical Analysis for Java," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 36-44, February.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1987.
"Alternative Approaches to the Theory of Institutions in Economic Development,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt4t97z6v6, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Pranab Bardhan., 1987. "Alternative Approaches to the Theory of Institutions in Economic Development," Economics Working Papers 8761, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ariel Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1987. "Middlemen," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(3), pages 581-593.
- Aitken, Michael J & Garvey, Gerald T & Swan, Peter L, 1995. "How Brokers Facilitate Trade for Long-Term Clients in Competitive Securities Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Harold Demsetz, 1968. "The Cost of Transacting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(1), pages 33-53.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Imperfect Information and Rural Credit Markets--Puzzles and Policy Perspectives," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 235-250, September.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:32:y:1995:i:1:p:112-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bob Baulch, 1997. "Testing for food market integration revisited," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 512-534.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1978. "Intermediation with Costly Bilateral Exchange," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(3), pages 417-425.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1996. "Production Function Estimation: Reviving the Primal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 431-438, March.
More about this item
KeywordsGrain Economic aspects. ; Grain Prices Ethiopia. ; Grain Trade East Africa. ; Grain trade. ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:mtiddp:31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.