Assessment of the capacity, incentives, and performance of agricultural extension agents in western Democratic Republic of the Congo:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jock R. Anderson, 2004. "Agricultural Extension: Good Intentions and Hard Realities," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 41-60.
- Birner, Regina & Davis, Kristin & Pender, John & Nkonya, Ephraim & Anandajayasekeram, Pooniah & Ekboir, Javier M. & Mbabu, Adiel N. & Spielman, David J. & Horna, Daniela & Benin, Samuel & Kisamba-Muge, 2006. "From "best practice" to "best fit": a framework for designing and analyzing pluralistic agricultural advisory services," Research briefs 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Samuel Benin & Ephraim Nkonya & Geresom Okecho & Joseé Randriamamonjy & Edward Kato & Geofrey Lubade & Miriam Kyotalimye, 2011. "Returns to spending on agricultural extension: the case of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) program of Uganda," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(2), pages 249-267, March.
- Davis, Kristin & Swanson, Burton & Amudavi, David & Mekonnen, Daniel Ayalew & Flohrs, Aaron & Riese, Jens & Lamb, Chloe & Zerfu, Elias, 2010. "In-depth assessment of the public agricultural extension system of Ethiopia and recommendations for improvement," IFPRI discussion papers 1041, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gershon Feder & Regina Birner & Jock R. Anderson, 2011. "The private sector's role in agricultural extension systems: potential and limitations," Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 31-54, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nlemfu Mukoko, Jean Blaise, 2013. "Ralentissement de la croissance économique des principaux partenaires commerciaux et ses implications sur l’économie congolaise [Impact of slower economic growth in major trading partners on the Co," MPRA Paper 65089, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2015.
- Wabenga Yango, James & Nlemfu Mukoko, J.Blaise, 2014. "Croissance agricole et options d’investissement pour la réduction de la pauvreté en R.D.CONGO : une analyse en équilibre général calculable [Agriculture Growth and Investments Options for Poverty r," MPRA Paper 64828, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Jun 2015.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Faure, Guy & Davis, Kristin E. & Ragasa, Catherine & Franzel, Steven & Babu, Suresh Chandra, 2016. "Framework to assess performance and impact of pluralistic agricultural extension systems: The best-fit framework revisited:," IFPRI discussion papers 1567, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Magnan, Nicholas & Spielman, David J. & Gulati, Kajal, 2013. "Female social networks and learning about a new technology in eastern Uttar Pradesh, India," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150688, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Berhane, Guush & Tadesse, Fanaye & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2012. "Gender differences in access to extension services and agricultural productivity:," ESSP working papers 49, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Niu, Chiyu & Ragasa, Catherine, 2018.
"Selective attention and information loss in the lab-to-farm knowledge chain: The case of Malawian agricultural extension programs,"
Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 147-163.
- Ragasa, C., 2018. "Selective Attention and Information Loss in the Lab-to-Farm Knowledge Chain: The Case of Malawian Agricultural Extension Programs," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277472, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- De Rosa, Marcello & Chiappini, Silvia, 2012. "The adoption of agricultural extension policies in the Italian farms," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126155, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Abay, Kibrom A. & Blalock, Garrick & Berhane, Guush, 2017. "Locus of control and technology adoption in developing country agriculture: Evidence from Ethiopia," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 98-115.
- Smale, Melinda & Byerlee, Derek & Jayne, Thom S., 2011.
"Maize Revolutions in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
202592, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Smale, Melinda & Byerlee, Derek & Jayne, Thom, 2011. "Maize revolutions in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5659, The World Bank.
- Smale, Melinda & Byerlee, Derek R. & Jayne, Thomas S., 2011. "Maize Revolutions in Sub-Saharan Africa," Miscellaneous Publications 113651, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Kamanda, Josey & Birner, Regina & Bantilan, Cynthia, 2017.
"The “efficient boundaries” of international agricultural research: A conceptual framework with empirical illustrations,"
Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 78-85.
- Kamanda, Josey & Birner, Regina & Bantilan, Cynthia, 2015. "The "Efficient Boundaries" of International Agricultural Research: A Conceptual Framework with Empirical Illustrations," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211826, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Raabe, Katharina, 2008.
"Reforming the agricultural extension system in India: What do we know about what works where and why?,"
IFPRI discussion papers
775, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Katharina Raabe, 2014. "Reforming the Agricultural Extension System in India: What do we Know about What Works Where and Why?," Working Papers id:6240, eSocialSciences.
- Martey, Edward & Etwire, Prince M. & Mockshell, Jonathan, 2021. "Climate-smart cowpea adoption and welfare effects of comprehensive agricultural training programs," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Ragasa, Catherine & Berhane, Guush & Tadesse, Fanaye & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2013. "Quality Matters and Not Quantity: Evidence on Productivity Impacts of Extension Service Provision in Ethiopia," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150487, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cook, Brian R. & Satizábal, Paula & Curnow, Jayne, 2021. "Humanising agricultural extension: A review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 140(C).
- Renkow, Mitch, 2010. "Impacts of IFPRI's "priorities for pro-poor public investment" global research program:," Impact assessments 31, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Baiyegunhi, L.J.S. & Majokweni, Z.P. & Ferrer, S.R.D., 2019. "Impact of outsourced agricultural extension program on smallholder farmers’ net farm income in Msinga, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1-7.
- Leavens, Laura & Bauchet, Jonathan & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob, 2021. "After the project is over: Measuring longer-term impacts of a food safety intervention in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 141(C).
- Joshua Sikhu Okonya & Netsayi Noris Mudege & Anne M. Rietveld & Anastase Nduwayezu & Déo Kantungeko & Bernadette Marie Hakizimana & John Njuki Nyaga & Guy Blomme & James Peter Legg & Jürgen Kroschel, 2019. "The Role of Women in Production and Management of RTB Crops in Rwanda and Burundi: Do Men Decide, and Women Work?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-15, August.
- Magnan, Nicholas & Spielman, David J. & Lybbert, Travis J. & Gulati, Kajal, 2015. "Leveling with friends: Social networks and Indian farmers' demand for a technology with heterogeneous benefits," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 223-251.
- Cohen, Marc J. & Lemma, Mamusha, 2011. "Agricultural extension services and gender equality: An institutional analysis of four districts in Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 28, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rema Hanna & Sendhi Mullainathan & Josh Schwartstein, 2012.
"Learning Through Noticing: Theory and Experimental Evidence in Farming,"
CID Working Papers
245, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Mullainatha, Sendhil & Hanna, Rema N. & Schwartzstein, Joshua, 2012. "Learning Through Noticing: Theory and Experimental Evidence in Farming," Scholarly Articles 9804491, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Rema Hanna & Sendhil Mullainathan & Joshua Schwartzstein, 2012. "Learning Through Noticing: Theory and Experimental Evidence in Farming," NBER Working Papers 18401, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanna, Rema & Mullainathan, Sendhil & Schwartzstein, Joshua, 2012. "Learning through Noticing: Theory and Experimental Evidence in Farming," Working Paper Series rwp12-044, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Nicholas Magnan & David J Spielman & Travis J. Lybbert & Kajal Gulati, 2013.
"Leveling with Friends: Social Networks and Indian Farmersâ€™ Demand for Agricultural Custom Hire Services,"
- Magnan, Nicholas & Spielman, David J. & Lybbert, Travis J. & Gulati, Kajal, 2013. "Leveling with friends: Social networks and indian farmersâ€™ demand for agricultural custom hire services:," IFPRI discussion papers 1302, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural extension services; Capacity building; Incentives; agricultural transformation; Reform; advisory service;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-11-02 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-11-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2013-11-02 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.