Mineral Resources and Conflicts in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: A Case of Ecological Fallacy:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua D. Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 2001.
"Instrumental Variables and the Search for Identification: From Supply and Demand to Natural Experiments,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 69-85, Fall.
- Joshua Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 2001. "Instrumental Variables and the Search for Identification: From Supply and Demand to Natural Experiments," NBER Working Papers 8456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 2001. "Instrumental Variables and the Search for Identification: From Supply and Demand to Natural Experiments," Working Papers 834, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2011. "Natural Resources: Curse or Blessing?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(2), pages 366-420, June.
- Oeindrila Dube & Juan F. Vargas, 2013. "Commodity Price Shocks and Civil Conflict: Evidence from Colombia," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(4), pages 1384-1421.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-652, Special I.
- Bellows, John & Miguel, Edward, 2009. "War and local collective action in Sierra Leone," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(11-12), pages 1144-1157, December.
- Edward Miguel & Shanker Satyanath & Ernest Sergenti, 2004. "Economic Shocks and Civil Conflict: An Instrumental Variables Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(4), pages 725-753, August.
- Paivi Lujala, 2010. "The spoils of nature: Armed civil conflict and rebel access to natural resources," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(1), pages 15-28, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fuchs, Andreas & Dreher, Axel & Hodler, Roland & Parks, Bradley C. & Raschky, Paul, 2015.
"Aid on Demand: African Leaders and the Geography of China s Foreign Assistance,"
Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy
112838, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Axel Dreher & Andreas Fuchs & Roland Hodler & Bradley C. Parks & Paul A. Raschky & Michael J. Tierney, 2015. "Aid on Demand: African Leaders and the Geography of China's Foreign Assistance," CESifo Working Paper Series 5439, CESifo Group Munich.
- Axel Dreher & Andreas Fuchs & Roland Hodler & Bradley C. Parks & Paul A. Raschky & Michael J. Tierney, 2016. "Aid on Demand: African Leaders and the Geography of China's Foreign Assistance," Development Working Papers 400, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 13 Sep 2016.
- Dreher, Axel & Fuchs, Andreas & Hodler, Roland & Parks, Bradley C. & Raschky, Paul A. & Tierney, Michael J., 2015. "Aid on Demand: African Leaders and the Geography of China's Foreign Assistance," CEPR Discussion Papers 10704, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bla:reviec:v:25:y:2017:i:1:p:195-232 is not listed on IDEAS
- Massimiliano Calì & Alen Mulabdic, 2017.
"Trade and civil conflict: Revisiting the cross-country evidence,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 195-232, February.
- Cali, Massimiliano & Mulabdic, Alen, 2014. "Trade and civil conflict : revisiting the cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7125, The World Bank.
- Abidoye,Babatunde Oluwakayode & Cali,Massimiliano, 2015. "Income shocks and conflict : evidence from Nigeria," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7213, The World Bank.
- Kotsadam, Andreas & Tolonen, Anja, 2016. "African Mining, Gender, and Local Employment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 325-339.
- Ali,Rubaba & Barra,Alvaro Federico & Berg,Claudia N. & Damania,Richard & Nash,John D. & Russ,Jason Daniel, 2015. "Infrastructure in conflict-prone and fragile environments : evidence from the Democratic Republic of Congo," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7273, The World Bank.
- Jean-FranÃ§ois Maystadt & Olivier Ecker, 2014. "Extreme Weather and Civil War: Does Drought Fuel Conflict in Somalia through Livestock Price Shocks?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1157-1182.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural resources; Conflict;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-08-23 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-08-23 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2012-08-23 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.