All eggs in one basket : A reflection on Malawiâ€™s dependence on agricultural growth strategy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, P. B., 1999. "Labor Shortages on Small Landholdings in Malawi: Implications for Policy Reforms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1461-1475, August.
- Dani Rodrik, 2008. "The Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(2 (Fall)), pages 365-439.
- Lall, Somik V. & Wang, Hyoung & Munthali, Thomas, 2009. "Explaining high transport costs within Malawi - bad roads or lack of trucking competition ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5133, The World Bank.
- Paul A. Lewin & Monica Fisher & Bruce Weber, 2012. "Do rainfall conditions push or pull rural migrants: evidence from Malawi," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(2), pages 191-204, March.
- Ellis, Frank & Kutengule, Milton & Nyasulu, Alfred, 2003. "Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1495-1510, September.
- Benin, Samuel & Thurlow, James & Diao, Xinshen & McCool, Christen & Simtowe, Franklin, 2008. "Agricultural growth and investment options for poverty reduction in Malawi:," IFPRI discussion papers 794, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chirwa, E. W., 2008. "Agricultural growth and poverty reduction in Malawi: past performance and recent trends," IWMI Working Papers H042727, International Water Management Institute.
- Takane, Tsutomu, 2007. "Gambling with Liberalization: Smallholder Livelihoods in Contemporary Rural Malawi," IDE Discussion Papers 117, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
More about this item
Keywordsagglomeration; agricultural sector growth; Rural-urban transformation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-06-05 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2012-06-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-06-05 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2012-06-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .