Consistent Measures of Risk
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaplanski, Guy & Kroll, Yoram, 2002. "VaR Risk Measures versus Traditional Risk Measures: an Analysis and Survey," MPRA Paper 80070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bawa, Vijay S., 1975. "Optimal rules for ordering uncertain prospects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 95-121, March.
- Casper G. de Vries & Gennady Samorodnitsky & Bjørn N. Jorgensen & Sarma Mandira & Jon Danielsson, 2005.
"Subadditivity Re–Examined: the Case for Value-at-Risk,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp549, Financial Markets Group.
- Danielsson, Jon & Jorgensen, Bjørn N. & Mandira, Sarma & Samorodnitsky, Gennady & Vries, C. G. de, 2005. "Subadditivity re–examined: the case for value-at-risk," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24668, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- De Giorgi, Enrico, 2005.
"Reward-risk portfolio selection and stochastic dominance,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 895-926, April.
- Enrico De Giorgi, "undated". "Reward-Risk Portfolio Selection and Stochastic Dominance," IEW - Working Papers 121, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Fishburn, Peter C, 1977. "Mean-Risk Analysis with Risk Associated with Below-Target Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 116-126, March.
- Acerbi, Carlo & Tasche, Dirk, 2002. "On the coherence of expected shortfall," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1487-1503, July.
- G. Hanoch & H. Levy, 1969. "The Efficiency Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 335-346.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Carlo Acerbi & Claudio Nordio & Carlo Sirtori, 2001. "Expected Shortfall as a Tool for Financial Risk Management," Papers cond-mat/0102304, arXiv.org.
- Leigh Tesfatsion, 1976. "Stochastic Dominance and the Maximization of Expected Utility," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 301-315.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Costola, Michele & Jannin, Gregory & Maillet, Bertrand, 2018.
"“On the (Ab)use of Omega?”,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 11-33.
- Bertrand Maillet & Michele Costola & Massimiliano Caporin & Gregory Jannin, 2015. "On the (Ab)Use of Omega?," Working Papers 2015:02, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michele Costola & Gregory Mathieu Jannin & Bertrand Maillet, 2016. "On the (Ab)Use of Omega?," Working Papers hal-01697640, HAL.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-06-17 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-06-17 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-RMG-2006-06-17 (Risk Management)
- NEP-UPT-2006-06-17 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fmg:fmgdps:dp565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The FMG Administration). General contact details of provider: http://www.lse.ac.uk/fmg/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.