Reward-risk portfolio selection and stochastic dominance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Enrico De Giorgi, "undated". "Reward-Risk Portfolio Selection and Stochastic Dominance," IEW - Working Papers 121, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- Bertsimas, Dimitris & Lauprete, Geoffrey J. & Samarov, Alexander, 2004. "Shortfall as a risk measure: properties, optimization and applications," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1353-1381, April.
- Wang, Shaun, 1996. "Premium Calculation by Transforming the Layer Premium Density," ASTIN Bulletin, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 71-92, May.
- Jouini, Elyes & Kallal, Hedi, 2001.
"Efficient Trading Strategies in the Presence of Market Frictions,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 343-369.
- Elyès Jouini & Hedi Kallal, 1914. "Efficient Trading Strategies in the Presence of Market Frictions," Post-Print halshs-00167150, HAL.
- Elyès Jouini & Hédi Kallal, 1999. "Efficient Trading Strategies in the Presence of Market Frictions," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-035, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Elyès Jouini & Hédi Kallal, 1998. "Efficient Trading Strategies in the Presence of Market Frictions," Working Papers 98-31, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Ruszczynski, Andrzej, 1999.
"From stochastic dominance to mean-risk models: Semideviations as risk measures,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 33-50, July.
- W. Ogryczak & A. Ruszczynski, 1997. "From Stochastic Dominance to Mean-Risk Models: Semideviations as Risk Measures," Working Papers ir97027, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Enrico De Giorgi, "undated". "A Note on Portfolio Selection under Various Risk Measures," IEW - Working Papers 122, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Acerbi, Carlo, 2002. "Spectral measures of risk: A coherent representation of subjective risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1505-1518, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4721 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-587, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2002. "Expected Shortfall: A Natural Coherent Alternative to Value at Risk," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 31(2), pages 379-388, July.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
- Eichberger, Jurgen & Harper, Ian R., 1997. "Financial Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198775409.
- Karni, Edi & Schmeidler, David, 1991. "Utility theory with uncertainty," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 33, pages 1763-1831, Elsevier.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Miller, Naomi & Ruszczynski, Andrzej, 2008. "Risk-adjusted probability measures in portfolio optimization with coherent measures of risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 193-206, November.
- Massimiliano Amarante, 2016.
"A representation of risk measures,"
Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 39(1), pages 95-103, April.
- Massimiliano AMARANTE, 2013. "A Representation of Risk Measures," Cahiers de recherche 11-2013, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- AMARANTE, Massimiliano, 2013. "A Representation of Risk Measures," Cahiers de recherche 2013-08, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Marcelo Brutti Righi & Paulo Sergio Ceretta, 2015. "Shortfall Deviation Risk: An alternative to risk measurement," Papers 1501.02007, arXiv.org, revised May 2016.
- Brandtner, Mario & Kürsten, Wolfgang & Rischau, Robert, 2018. "Entropic risk measures and their comparative statics in portfolio selection: Coherence vs. convexity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 264(2), pages 707-716.
- Mario Brandtner, 2016. "Spektrale Risikomaße: Konzeption, betriebswirtschaftliche Anwendungen und Fallstricke," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 75-115, April.
- Brandtner, Mario, 2013. "Conditional Value-at-Risk, spectral risk measures and (non-)diversification in portfolio selection problems – A comparison with mean–variance analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5526-5537.
- Albrecht, Peter & Huggenberger, Markus, 2017. "The fundamental theorem of mutual insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 180-188.
- Brandtner, Mario, 2018. "Expected Shortfall, spectral risk measures, and the aggravating effect of background risk, or: risk vulnerability and the problem of subadditivity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 138-149.
- John A. Major & Stephen J. Mildenhall, 2020. "Pricing and Capital Allocation for Multiline Insurance Firms With Finite Assets in an Imperfect Market," Papers 2008.12427, arXiv.org.
- Marcelo Brutti Righi, 2019. "A composition between risk and deviation measures," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 282(1), pages 299-313, November.
- Alexis Bonnet & Isabelle Nagot, 2005. "Methodology of measuring performance in alternative investment," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b05078, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Cillo, Alessandra & Delquié, Philippe, 2014.
"Mean-risk analysis with enhanced behavioral content,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(3), pages 764-775.
- Alessandra Cillo & Philippe Delquié, 2013. "Mean-Risk Analysis with Enhanced Behavioral Content," Working Papers 498, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Andreas H Hamel, 2018. "Monetary Measures of Risk," Papers 1812.04354, arXiv.org.
- Steven Kou & Xianhua Peng, 2014. "On the Measurement of Economic Tail Risk," Papers 1401.4787, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2015.
- Denuit Michel & Dhaene Jan & Goovaerts Marc & Kaas Rob & Laeven Roger, 2006. "Risk measurement with equivalent utility principles," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 1-25, July.
- Ruodu Wang & Johanna F. Ziegel, 2014. "Distortion Risk Measures and Elicitability," Papers 1405.3769, arXiv.org, revised May 2014.
- Gzyl, Henryk & Mayoral, Silvia, 2008.
"Determination of risk pricing measures from market prices of risk,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 437-443, December.
- Henryk Gzyl & Silvia Mayoral, 2007. "Determination of Risk Pricing Measures from Market Prices of Risk," Faculty Working Papers 03/07, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Bauerle, Nicole & Muller, Alfred, 2006. "Stochastic orders and risk measures: Consistency and bounds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 132-148, February.
- Song, Yongsheng & Yan, Jia-An, 2009. "Risk measures with comonotonic subadditivity or convexity and respecting stochastic orders," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 459-465, December.
- Giovanni Bonaccolto & Massimiliano Caporin & Sandra Paterlini, 2018.
"Asset allocation strategies based on penalized quantile regression,"
Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Giovanni Bonaccolto & Massimiliano Caporin & Sandra Paterlini, 2015. "Asset Allocation Strategies Based on Penalized Quantile Regression," Papers 1507.00250, arXiv.org.
- Giovanni Bonaccolto & Massimiliano Caporin & Sandra Paterlini, 2015. "Asset Allocation Strategies Based On Penalized Quantile Regression," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0199, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
More about this item
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:29:y:2005:i:4:p:895-926. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.