mREITs and their risks
This paper examines the history of mREITs and their broader role in the REIT industry. Additionally, it reviews how mREITs operate, how they are regulated, the risks they face, how they manage these risks, and the dangers they pose for the broader financial system.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.richmondfed.org/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.richmondfed.org/publications/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zoltan Pozsar & Tobias Adrian & Adam B. Ashcraft & Hayley Boesky, 2010.
458, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Michael J. Fleming & Warren B. Hrung & Frank M. Keane, 2010.
"Repo market effects of the Term Securities Lending Facility,"
426, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Michael J. Fleming & Warren B. Hrung & Frank M. Keane, 2010. "Repo Market Effects of the Term Securities Lending Facility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 591-96, May.
- Darrell Duffie & David A. Skeel, 2012. "A Dialogue on the Costs and Benefits of Automatic Stays for Derivatives and Repurchase Agreements," Book Chapters, in: Kenneth E. Scott & John B. Taylor (ed.), Bankruptcy Not Bailout, chapter 5 Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Roberto Perli & Brian P. Sack, 2003. "Does mortgage hedging amplify movements in long-term interest rates?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jefferson Duarte, 2008. "The Causal Effect of Mortgage Refinancing on Interest Rate Volatility: Empirical Evidence and Theoretical Implications," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 1689-1731, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrwp:13-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Perkins)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.