The information value of the stress test and bank opacity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Beverly Hirtle & Jose A. Lopez, 1999. "Supervisory information and the frequency of bank examinations," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 1-20.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:gcrxxx:v:05:y:2015:i:01:n:s2010493615500075 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cespa, Giovanni & Vives, Xavier, 2011. "Expectations, Liquidity, and Short-term Trading," CEPR Discussion Papers 8303, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, Mahendrarajah, 2013. "The 2007–2009 financial crisis and bank opaqueness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 55-84.
- repec:fip:fedcwp:13-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joel Shapiro & David Skeie, 2015. "Information Management in Banking Crises," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 28(8), pages 2322-2363.
- Mark D. Flood & Jonathan Katz & Stephen J. Ong & Adam Smith, 2013.
"Cryptography and the economics of supervisory information: balancing transparency and confidentiality,"
1312, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Mark Flood & Jonathan Katz & Stephen Ong & Adam Smith, 2013. "Cryptography and the Economics of Supervisory Information: Balancing Transparency and Confidentiality," Working Papers 13-08, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Alvarez, Fernando & Barlevy, Gadi, 2014. "Mandatory Disclosure and Financial Contagion," Working Paper Series WP-2014-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Covas, Francisco B. & Rump, Ben & Zakrajšek, Egon, 2014.
"Stress-testing US bank holding companies: A dynamic panel quantile regression approach,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 691-713.
- Francisco Covas & Ben Rump & Egon Zakrajsek, 2013. "Stress-testing U.S. bank holding companies: a dynamic panel quantile regression approach," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gary Gorton, 2015. "Stress for Success: A Review of Timothy Geithner's Financial Crisis Memoir," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 53(4), pages 975-995, December.
- Ekaterina Neretina & Cenkhan Sahin & Jakob de Haan, 2014. "Banking stress test effects on returns and risks," DNB Working Papers 419, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Quijano, Margot, 2014. "Information asymmetry in US banks and the 2009 bank stress test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 203-205.
- Petrella, Giovanni & Resti, Andrea, 2013. "Supervisors as information producers: Do stress tests reduce bank opaqueness?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5406-5420.
More about this item
KeywordsBank capital ; Bank examination ; Bank holding companies ; Risk assessment;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-07-31 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-07-31 (Banking)
- NEP-BEC-2010-07-31 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CBA-2010-07-31 (Central Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednsr:460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .