Inequality and redistribution during the Great Recession
In this paper, we explore the impact of the Great Recession on economic inequality and redistribution in the United States. We analyze many sorts of inequality (in earnings, disposable income, consumption expenditures and wealth) for different sections of the economic distribution.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (612) 204-5000
Web page: http://minneapolisfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.minneapolisfed.org/pubs/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Blundell & Ian Preston, 1998.
"Consumption Inequality And Income Uncertainty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(2), pages 603-640, May.
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2003. "Income Inequality In The United States, 1913-1998," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 118(1), pages 1-39, February.
- Jonathan Heathcote & Fabrizio Perri & Giovanni L. Violante, 2009.
"Unequal we stand: an empirical analysis of economic inequality in the United States, 1967-2006,"
436, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Jonathan Heathcote & Fabrizio Perri & Giovanni L. Violante, 2010. "Unequal We Stand: An Empirical Analysis of Economic Inequality in the United States: 1967-2006," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 13(1), pages 15-51, January.
- Jonathan Heathcote & Fabrizio Perri & Giovanni L. Violante, 2009. "Unequal We Stand: An Empirical Analysis of Economic Inequality in the United States, 1967-2006," NBER Working Papers 15483, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heathcote, Jonathan & Perri, Fabrizio & Violante, Giovanni L, 2009. "Unequal We Stand: An Empirical Analysis of Economic Inequality in the United States, 1967-2006," CEPR Discussion Papers 7538, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Castaneda, Ana & Diaz-Gimenez, Javier & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 1998. "Exploring the income distribution business cycle dynamics," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 93-130, June.
- David Domeij & Martin Floden, 2010.
"Inequality Trends in Sweden 1978-2004,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 13(1), pages 179-208, January.
- Domeij, David & Floden, Martin, 2009. "Inequality Trends in Sweden 1978-2004," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 720, Stockholm School of Economics.
- David Domeij & Martin Floden, 2009. "Code and data files for "Inequality Trends in Sweden 1978-2004"," Computer Codes 09-203, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Dirk Krueger & Fabrizio Perri, 2006. "Does Income Inequality Lead to Consumption Inequality? Evidence and Theory -super-1," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(1), pages 163-193.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmep:12-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janelle Ruswick)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.