Managerial Compensation under Privately-Observed Hedging
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lacker, Jeffrey M & Weinberg, John A, 1989.
"Optimal Contracts under Costly State Falsification,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1345-1363, December.
- Lacker, J.M., 1989. "Optimal Contracts Under Costly State Falsification," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 956, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Lin Nan, 2008. "The Agency Problems of Hedging and Earnings Management," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(3), pages 859-890, September.
- Rogers, Daniel A., 2002. "Does executive portfolio structure affect risk management? CEO risk-taking incentives and corporate derivatives usage," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 271-295, March.
- repec:cup:jfinqa:v:46:y:2011:i:06:p:1727-1754_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sun, Bo, 2014.
"Executive compensation and earnings management under moral hazard,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 276-290.
- Bo Sun, 2009. "Executive compensation and earnings management under moral hazard," International Finance Discussion Papers 985, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Goldman, Eitan & Slezak, Steve L., 2006. "An equilibrium model of incentive contracts in the presence of information manipulation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 603-626, June.
- Chernenko, Sergey & Faulkender, Michael, 2011. "The Two Sides of Derivatives Usage: Hedging and Speculating with Interest Rate Swaps," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(6), pages 1727-1754, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Liu, Qi & Sun, Bo, 2015. "Managerial compensation under privately-observed hedging and earnings management," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 1-4.
- Oliver Entrop & Matthias F. Merkel, 2020. "Managers’ research education, the use of FX derivatives and corporate speculation," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 869-901, August.
- Friedman, Henry L., 2014. "Implications of power: When the CEO can pressure the CFO to bias reports," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 117-141.
- Edmans, Alex & Gabaix, Xavier & Sadzik, Tomasz & Sannikov, Yuliy, 2009.
"Dynamic Incentive Accounts,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7497, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yuliy Sannikov & Xavier Gabaix & Tomasz Sadzik & Alex Edmans, 2010. "Dynamic Incentive Accounts," 2010 Meeting Papers 1207, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Edmans, Alex & Gabaix, Xavier & Sadzik, Tomasz & Sannikov, Yuliy, 2010. "Dynamic Incentive Accounts," Working Papers 10-19, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Alex Edmans & Xavier Gabaix & Tomasz Sadzik & Yuliy Sannikov, 2009. "Dynamic Incentive Accounts," NBER Working Papers 15324, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roland Hodler & Simon Loertscher & Dominic Rohner, 2010. "Biased experts, costly lies, and binary decisions," IEW - Working Papers 496, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Kuhn, Michael & Siciliani, Luigi, 2013. "Manipulation and auditing of public sector contracts," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 251-267.
- Pierre Chaigneau, 2010. "The Optimal Timing of Executive Compensation," FMG Discussion Papers dp660, Financial Markets Group.
- Bo Sun, 2013. "The optimal shape of compensation contracts with earnings management," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(21), pages 3102-3109, July.
- Mijoo Lee & In Tae Hwang, 2019. "The Effect of the Compensation System on Earnings Management and Sustainability: Evidence from Korea Banks," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-24, June.
- Marinovic, Iván & Povel, Paul, 2017. "Competition for talent under performance manipulation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-14.
- Raymond Deneckere & Sergei Severinov, 2022. "Signalling, screening and costly misrepresentation," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 55(3), pages 1334-1370, August.
- Koch, Timothy W. & Waggoner, Daniel F. & Wall, Larry D., 2018. "Incentive compensation, accounting discretion and bank capital," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 119-140.
- Baglioni, Angelo & Colombo, Luca, 2011. "The effects of imperfect auditing on managerial compensation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 542-548, October.
- Anthony Carroll & Fergal O'Brien & James Ryan, 2017. "An Examination of European Firmsâ€™ Derivatives Usage: The Importance of Model Selection," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 23(4), pages 648-690, September.
- Campbell, John L. & Mauler, Landon M. & Pierce, Spencer R., 2019. "A review of derivatives research in accounting and suggestions for future work," Journal of Accounting Literature, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 44-60.
- Clausen, Andrew, 2013.
"Moral Hazard with Counterfeit Signals,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2013-13, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Andrew Clausen, 2013. "Moral Hazard with Counterfeit Signals," Edinburgh School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 225, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Agliardi, Elettra & Andergassen, Rainer, 2009.
"Last resort gambles, risky debt and liquidation policy,"
Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 142-155, August.
- Elettra Agliardi & Rainer Andergassen, 2009. "Last resort gambles, risky debt and liquidation policy," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 18(3), pages 142-155, August.
- E. Agliardi & R. Andergassen, 2006. "Last Resort Gambles, Risky Debt and Liquidation Policy," Working Papers 577, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Elettra Agliardi & Rainer Andergassen, 2007. "Last Resort Gambles, Risky Debt and Liquidation Policy," Working Paper series 31_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Goldman, Eitan & Martel, Jordan & Schneemeier, Jan, 2022. "A theory of financial media," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 239-258.
- Angelo Baglioni & Luca Colombo, 2009. "Managers’ Compensation And Misreporting: A Costly State Verification Approach," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(2), pages 278-289, April.
- Roy Stein, 2016. "Review of the Reference Rate in Israel: Telbor and Makam Markets," Bank of Israel Working Papers 2016.12, Bank of Israel.
More about this item
KeywordsManagerial compensation; Corporate hedging;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CTA-2016-04-09 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-CTA-2016-04-23 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HRM-2016-04-09 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-HRM-2016-04-23 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgif:1160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ryan Wolfslayer ; Keisha Fournillier (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.