The cross-market spillover of economic shocks through multi-market banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Canales, Rodrigo & Nanda, Ramana, 2012.
"A darker side to decentralized banks: Market power and credit rationing in SME lending,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 353-366.
- Rodrigo Canales & Ramana Nanda, 2008. "A Darker Side to Decentralized Banks: Market Power and Credit Rationing in SME Lending," Harvard Business School Working Papers 08-101, Harvard Business School, revised Aug 2011.
- Nada Mora & Andrew Logan, 2012.
"Shocks to bank capital: evidence from UK banks at home and away,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(9), pages 1103-1119, March.
- Mora, Nada & Logan, Andrew, 2010. "Shocks to bank capital: evidence from UK banks at home and away," Bank of England working papers 387, Bank of England.
- Jose M. Berrospide & Rochelle M. Edge, 2010. "The Effects of Bank Capital on Lending: What Do We Know, and What Does It Mean?," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 6(34), pages 1-50, December.
- Jose M. Berrospide & Rochelle M. Edge, 2010. "The effects of bank capital on lending: what do we know, and what does it mean?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eric S. Rosengren & Joe Peek, 2000. "Collateral Damage: Effects of the Japanese Bank Crisis on Real Activity in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 30-45, March.
- Jose M. Berrospide & Rochelle M. Edge, 2010. "The effects of bank capital on lending: What do we know, and what does it mean?," CAMA Working Papers 2010-26, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 2002. "Information Production and Capital Allocation: Decentralized versus Hierarchical Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 1891-1921, October.
- Popov, Alexander & Udell, Gregory F., 2012. "Cross-border banking, credit access, and the financial crisis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 147-161.
- Becker, Bo, 2007. "Geographical segmentation of US capital markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 151-178, July.
- Ashcraft, Adam B., 2006. "New Evidence on the Lending Channel," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 751-775, April.
- Atif Mian, 2006. "Distance Constraints: The Limits of Foreign Lending in Poor Economies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(3), pages 1465-1505, June.
- Stephen A. Rhoades, 1982. "Structure-performance studies in banking : an updated summary and evaluation," Staff Studies 119, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Asim Ijaz Khwaja & Atif Mian, 2008.
"Tracing the Impact of Bank Liquidity Shocks: Evidence from an Emerging Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1413-1442, September.
- Atif Mian & Asim Ijaz Khwaja, 2006. "Tracing the Impact of Bank Liquidity Shocks: Evidence from an Emerging Market," NBER Working Papers 12612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Van Rijckeghem, Caroline & Weder, Beatrice, 2003. "Spillovers through banking centers: a panel data analysis of bank flows," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 483-509, August.
- Murillo Campello, 2002. "Internal Capital Markets in Financial Conglomerates: Evidence from Small Bank Responses to Monetary Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2773-2805, December.
- Ugo Albertazzi & Domenico J. Marchetti, 2010. "Credit supply, flight to quality and evergreening: an analysis of bank-firm relationships after Lehman," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 756, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S Goldberg, 2011.
"Global Banks and International Shock Transmission: Evidence from the Crisis,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 59(1), pages 41-76, April.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2010. "Global banks and international shock transmission: evidence from the crisis," Staff Reports 446, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2010. "Global Banks and International Shock Transmission: Evidence from the Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knut Are Aastveit & Andrea Carriero & Todd E. Clark & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2017.
"Have Standard VARS Remained Stable Since the Crisis?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(5), pages 931-951, August.
- Aastveit, Knut Are & Carriero, Andrea & Clark, Todd E. & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2014. "Have Standard VARs Remained Stable since the Crisis?," Working Paper 1411, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Aastveit, Knut Are & Carriero, Andrea & Clark, Todd & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2016. "Have Standard VARs Remained Stable Since the Crisis?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11558, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Knut Are Aastveit & Andrea Carriero & Todd E. Clark & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2014. "Have standard VARs remained stable since the crisis?," Working Paper 2014/13, Norges Bank.
- Cortes, Kristle Romero & Strahan, Philip E., 2014. "Tracing Out Capital Flows: How Financially Integrated Banks Respond to Natural Disasters," Working Paper 1412, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Oct 2015.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-09-13 (Banking)
- NEP-URE-2013-09-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2013-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.