Federal Reserve Structure, Economic Ideas, and Monetary and Financial Policy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael D. Bordo & Edward S. Prescott, 2019. "Federal Reserve Structure, Economic Ideas, and Monetary and Financial Policy," NBER Working Papers 26098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- anonymous, 2000. "What assets should the Federal Reserve buy? 2000 annual report of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond," Annual Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- John H. Kareken, 1983. "Deposit insurance reform or deregulation is the cart, not the horse," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 7(Spr).
- Belden, Susan, 1989. "Policy Preferences of FOMC Members as Revealed by Dissenting Votes," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 432-441, November.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2006. "How Big a Problem is Too Big to Fail? A Review of Gary Stern and Ron Feldman's Too Big to Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 988-1004, December.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2007.
"How the World Achieved Consensus on Monetary Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 47-68, Fall.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2007. "How the World Achieved Consensus on Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 13580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1979.
"Incentive Compatibility and the Bargaining Problem,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1977. "Incentive Compatability and the Bargaining Problem," Discussion Papers 284, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Karl Brunner & Allan H. Meltzer, 1968. "What Did We Learn from the Monetary Experience of the United States in the Great Depression?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 1(2), pages 334-348, May.
- Marvin Goodfriend & Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1999. "Limited commitment and central bank lending," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 1-27.
- Gregory C. Chow, 1966. "On the Long-Run and Short-Run Demand for Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 111-111.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-162, May.
- Harris Milton & Townsend, Robert M, 1981. "Resource Allocation under Asymmetric Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 33-64, January.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983.
"Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-276, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Litterman, Robert B, 1986.
"Forecasting with Bayesian Vector Autoregressions-Five Years of Experience,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 4(1), pages 25-38, January.
- Robert B. Litterman, 1985. "Forecasting with Bayesian vector autoregressions five years of experience," Working Papers 274, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 1985.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Robert L. Hetzel & Ralph F. Leach, 2001. "After the accord : reminiscences on the birth of the modern Fed," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 57-64.
- Hetzel,Robert L., 2008. "The Monetary Policy of the Federal Reserve," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521881326, December.
- Kareken, John H & Wallace, Neil, 1978.
"Deposit Insurance and Bank Regulation: A Partial-Equilibrium Exposition,"
The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 413-438, July.
- John H. Kareken & Neil Wallace, 1977. "Deposit insurance and bank regulation: a partial equilibrium exposition," Staff Report 16, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Douglas Evanoff & Philip Bartholomew & Robert DeYoung & Cosmin Lucaci & Ronnie Phillips, 2008. "Bank Structure Conference Impact Study," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 34(2), pages 99-121, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael D. Bordo & Andrew T. Levin & Mickey D. Levy, 2020. "Incorporating Scenario Analysis into the Federal Reserve’s Policy Strategy and Communications," NBER Working Papers 27369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial regulation; monetary policy; governance; Federal Reserve System;
- B0 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2019-07-08 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2019-07-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2019-07-08 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2019-07-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2019-07-08 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwq:191300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.