Deposit Insurance and Bank Regulation: A Partial-Equilibrium Exposition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- John H. Kareken & Neil Wallace, 1977. "Deposit insurance and bank regulation: a partial equilibrium exposition," Staff Report 16, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
References listed on IDEAS
- Allan H. Meltzer, 1967. "Major Issues in the Regulation of Financial Institutions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 482-482.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carmine DiNoia, 1994. "Structuring Deposit Insurance in Europe: Some Considerations and a Regulatory Game," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-31, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Thomas Mayer, 1992. "U.S. Deposit Insurance Reform," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 10(3), pages 95-103, July.
- A. El-Gamal, Mahmoud, 2001. "An Economic Explication of the Prohibition of Gharar in Classical Islamic Jurisprudence," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 8, pages 29-58.
- Haitao Yin & Howard Kunreuther & Matthew W. White, 2011. "Risk-Based Pricing and Risk-Reducing Effort: Does the Private Insurance Market Reduce Environmental Accidents?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(2), pages 325-363.
- Asli Demirgüč-Kunt, 1989. "Deposit-institution failures: a review of empirical literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, vol. 25(Q IV), pages 2-18.
- Asli Demirgüč-Kunt, 1991. "Principal-agent problems in commercial-bank failure decisions," Working Papers (Old Series) 9106, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Heather Gibson, 2010. "Competition, Innovation and Financial Crises: A Perspective on the Current Financial Market Turmoil," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 151-157, February.
- Gerald D. Gay & Stephen G. Timme & Kenneth Yung, 1991. "Bank Failure And Contagion Effects: Evidence From Hong Kong," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 153-165, June.
- Haitao Yin & Howard Kunreuther & Matthew White, 2009. "Risk-Based Pricing and Risk-Reducing Effort: Does the Private Insurance Market Reduce Environmental Accidents?," NBER Working Papers 15100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khan, M. Ali, 2000. "Globalization Of Financial Markets And Islamic Financial Institutions," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 8, pages 20-66.
- Asli Demirgüč-Kunt, 1991. "On the valuation of deposit institutions," Working Papers (Old Series) 9104, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Peter I. Berman, 1975. "A Review of the Report of the New York State Superindentent's Advisory Committee on Financial Reform," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 70-76, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:51:y:1978:i:3:p:413-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.jstor.org/journal/jbusiness .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.jstor.org/journal/jbusiness .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.