How Big a Problem is Too Big to Fail? A Review of Gary Stern and Ron Feldman's Too Big to Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kane, Edward J, 1977. "Good Intentions and Unintended Evil: The Case against Selective Credit Allocation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 55-69, February.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997.
"Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 97-116, Spring.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997. "Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 5893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Niklas J. Westelius, 2008.
"Inflation Band Targeting and Optimal Inflation Contracts,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(4), pages 557-582, June.
- Niklas J. Westelius & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2006. "Inflation Band Targeting and Optimal Inflation Contracts," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 416, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Niklas J. Westelius, 2006. "Inflation Band Targeting and Optimal Inflation Contracts," NBER Working Papers 12384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2001. "Finance for Growth : Policy Choices in a Volatile World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13895.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ning Gong & Kenneth D. Jones, 2013. "Bailouts, Monitoring, and Penalties: An Integrated Framework of Government Policies to Manage the Too-Big-to-Fail Problem," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 299-325, September.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:342-353 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soedarmono, Wahyoe & Tarazi, Amine, 2013.
"Bank opacity, intermediation cost and globalization: Evidence from a sample of publicly traded banks in Asia,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 91-100.
- Wahyoe Soedarmono & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Bank opacity, intermediation cost and globalization: Evidence from a sample of publicly traded banks in Asia," Post-Print hal-01098719, HAL.
- Wahyoe Soedarmono & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Bank opacity, intermediation cost and globalization: Evidence from a sample of publicly-traded banks in Asia," Post-Print hal-00915735, HAL.
- Wahyoe Soedarmono & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Bank Opacity, Intermediation Cost and Globalization: Evidence from a Sample of Publicly Traded Banks in Asia," Working Papers hal-00916564, HAL.
- Victoria Miller & Luc Vallée, 2016.
"Unconventional Bank Bailouts in Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 39-49, February.
- Victoria Miller & Luc Vallée, 2016. "Unconventional Bank Bailouts in Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 39-49, February.
- Pop, Adrian & Pop, Diana, 2009. "Requiem for market discipline and the specter of TBTF in Japanese banking," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1429-1459, November.
- Ziliang Deng & Honglin Guo & Guilan Kong, 2011. "Efficiency Spillovers of Foreign Direct Investment in the Chinese Banking System," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(2), pages 179-191.
- Ahmed Arif & Ahmed Nauman Anees, 2012. "Liquidity risk and performance of banking system," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 182-195, May.
- repec:spr:fininn:v:2:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1186_s40854-016-0043-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Völz, Manja & Wedow, Michael, 2009. "Does banks size distort market prices? Evidence for too-big-to-fail in the CDS market," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,06, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Andreas Dombret & André Ebner, 2013. "Default of Systemically Important Financial Intermediaries: Short-term Stability versus Incentive Compatibility?," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 14(1), pages 15-30, February.
- Phil Molyneux & Klaus Schaeck & Tim Zhou, 2011. "‘Too Systemically Important to Fail’ in Banking," Working Papers 11011, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Fu, Xiaoqing (Maggie) & Lin, Yongjia (Rebecca) & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank competition and financial stability in Asia Pacific," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 64-77.
- Wahyoe Soedarmono & Philippe Rous & Amine Tarazi, 2011. "Bank Capital and Self-Interested Managers: Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers hal-00918584, HAL.
- Syed Faizan Iftikhar, 2015. "Financial Reforms and Financial Fragility: A Panel Data Analysis," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-18, April.
- David VanHoose, 2007. "Market Discipline and Supervisory Discretion in Banking: Reinforcing or Conflicting Pillars of Basel II?," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-06, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Li-Hua Lai & Li-Chin Hung & Chau-Jung Kuo, 2016. "Do Well-Financial Holding Company Organized Banks in Taiwan Take More Risk?," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(04), pages 1-30, December.
- VanHoose, David, 2011.
"Systemic Risk and Macroprudential Bank Regulation: A Critical Appraisal,"
Journal of Financial Transformation,
Capco Institute, vol. 33, pages 45-60.
- David VanHoose, 2011. "Systemic Risks and Macroprudential Bank Regulation: A Critical Appraisal," NFI Policy Briefs 2011-PB-04, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Völz, Manja & Wedow, Michael, 2011. "Market discipline and too-big-to-fail in the CDS market: Does banks' size reduce market discipline?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 195-210, March.
- Raquel de F. Oliveira & Rafael F. Schiozer & Lucas A. B. de C. Barros, 2011. "Too Big to Fail Perception by Depositors: an empirical investigation," Working Papers Series 233, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jeclit:v:44:y:2006:i:4:p:988-1004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.