The effects of disinflationary policies on monetary velocity
A study of the effect of disinflation policies on monetary velocity, which shows a systematic relation between unexpected changes in the money-income relationship and changes in the trends of inflation rates, and which concludes that the failure to commit to a stable price policy tends to destabilize the economy.
|Date of creation:||1989|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1455 East 6th St., Cleveland OH 44114|
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kormendi, Roger C & Meguire, Philip G, 1984. "Cross-Regime Evidence of Macroeconomic Rationality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 875-908, October.
- Rasche, 1988. "Demand Functions For U.S. Money And Credit Measures," Papers 8718, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Poole, William, 1988.
"Monetary Policy Lessons of Recent Inflation and Disinflation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 73-100, Summer.
- William Poole, 1987. "Monetary Policy Lessons of recent Inflation and Disinflation," NBER Working Papers 2300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rasche, Robert H., 1987. "M1 -- Velocity and money-demand functions: Do stable relationships exist?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 9-88, January.
- Karamouzis, Nicholas & Lombra, Raymond, 1989.
"Federal reserve policymaking: an overview and analysis of the policy process,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 7-62, January.
- Karamouzis, N. & Lombra, R., 1989. "Federal Reserve Policymaking: An Overview And Analisys Of The Policy Process," Papers 8-88-5, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Karamouzis, N. & Lombra, R., 1988. "Federal Reserve Policy Making: An Overview And Analysis Of The Policy Process," Papers 0-88-8, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- William S. Haraf, 1986. "Monetary Velocity and Monetary Rules," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 6(2), pages 641-666, Fall.
- Roley, V Vance, 1985. "Money Demand Predictability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 611-41, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:8901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.