The correlation between money and output in the United Kingdom: resolution of a puzzle
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Ravn, Morten O, 1997.
"Permanent and Transitory Shocks, and the UK Business Cycle,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 27-48, Jan.-Feb..
- Ravn, M.O., 1996. "Permanent and transitory shocks, and the UK business cycle," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9627, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Neville R. Francis & Michael T. Owyang & Athena T. Theodorou, 2005.
"What Explains the Varying Monetary Response to Technology Shocks in G-7 Countries?,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(3), December.
- Athena T. Theodorou & Neville R. Francis & Michael T. Owyang, 2004. "What Explains the Varying Monetary Response to Technology SHocks in G7-Countries," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 444, Econometric Society.
- Neville Francis & Michael T. Owyang & Athena T. Theodorou, 2005. "What explains the varying monetary response to technology shocks in G-7 countries?," Working Papers 2004-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Francis, Neville R & Owyang, Michael T & Theodorou, Athena T, 2005. "What Explains the Varying Monetary Response to Technology Shocks in G-7 Countries?," MPRA Paper 834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Dwyer, Gerald P, Jr, 1985. "Money, Income, and Prices in the United Kingdom: 1870-1913," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(3), pages 415-435, July.
- N. Kundan Kishor & Levis A. Kochin, 2007. "The Success Of The Fed And The Death Of Monetarism," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(1), pages 56-70, January.
- Stock, James H., 1987. "Measuring Business Cycle Time," Scholarly Articles 3425950, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Benjamin, Daniel K & Kochin, Levis A, 1979. "Searching for an Explanation of Unemployment in Interwar Britain," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(3), pages 441-478, June.
- Arthur F. Burns & Wesley C. Mitchell, 1946. "Measuring Business Cycles," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number burn46-1, January.
- Cobham, David P, 1980. "The Influence of the United Kingdom's Public Sector Deficit on Its Money Stock, 1963-76: Some Comments," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 121-129, November.
- Campos, Julia & Ericsson, Neil R. & Hendry, David F., 1990. "An analogue model of phase-averaging procedures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 275-292, March.
- Wren-Lewis, Simon, 1986. "An Econometric Model of U.K. Manufacturing Employment Using Survey Data on Expected Output," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(4), pages 297-316, October.
- Laidler, David, 1982. "Friedman and Schwartz on Monetary trends: A review article," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 293-305, January.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-05-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2012-05-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-05-22 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2012-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .