Do real-time Okun's law errors predict GDP data revisions?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward S. Knotek & II, 2007. "How useful is Okun's law?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 73-103.
- Owyang, Michael T. & Sekhposyan, Tatevik, 2012. "Okun’s law over the business cycle: was the great recession all that different?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 399-418.
- Padula, Mario & Backé, Peter, 2003. "Inflation dynamics and subjective expectations in the United States," Working Paper Series 222, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rui M. Pereira, 2013. "Okun's Law across the Business Cycle and during the Great Recession: A Markov Switching Analysis," Working Papers 139, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Ball, Laurence & Jalles, João Tovar & Loungani, Prakash, 2015.
"Do forecasters believe in Okun’s Law? An assessment of unemployment and output forecasts,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 176-184.
- Laurence M. Ball & João Tovar Jalles & Prakash Loungani, 2014. "Do Forecasters Believe in Okun’s Law? An Assessment of Unemployment and Output Forecasts," IMF Working Papers 14/24, International Monetary Fund.
- Stefanescu, Răzvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2015.
"Creşterea economică a României între 1980 şi 2013
[The Economic Growth of Romania between 1980 and 2013]," MPRA Paper 61592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsUnemployment ; Gross domestic product;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2013-04-06 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2013-04-06 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbwp:13-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .