Optimal recall period length in consumer payment surveys
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Hurd & Susann Rohwedder, 2009.
"Methodological Innovations in Collecting Spending Data: The HRS Consumption and Activities Mail Survey,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 435-459.
- Michael D. Hurd & Susann Rohwedder, 2008. "Methodological Innovations in Collecting Spending Data The HRS Consumption and Activities Mail Survey," Working Papers 646, RAND Corporation.
- Marco Angrisani & Arie Kapteyn & Scott Schuh, 2014.
"Measuring Household Spending and Payment Habits: The Role of "Typical" and "Specific" Time Frames in Survey Questions,"
NBER Chapters,in: Improving the Measurement of Consumer Expenditures, pages 414-440
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Angrisani & Arie Kapteyn & Scott Schuh, 2012. "Measuring household spending and payment habits: the role of “typical” and “specific” time frames in survey questions," Working Papers 12-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Kevin Foster & Erik Meijer & Scott Schuh & Michael A. Zabek, 2011. "The 2009 survey of consumer payment choice," Public Policy Discussion Paper 11-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Clarke, Philip M. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 2008. "Optimal recall length in survey design," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1275-1284, September.
- Naeem Ahmed & Matthew Brzozowski & Thomas Crossley, 2006. "Measurement errors in recall food consumption data," IFS Working Papers W06/21, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Angrisani, Marco & Foster, Kevin & Hitczenko, Marcin, 2015. "The 2013 Survey of Consumer Payment Choice: technical appendix," Research Data Report 15-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Greene, Claire & O'Brien, Shaun & Schuh, Scott, 2017. "U. S. consumer cash use, 2012 and 2015: an introduction to the Diary of Consumer Payment Choice," Research Data Report 17-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Angrisani, Marco & Foster, Kevin & Hitczenko, Marcin, 2014. "The 2011 and 2012 Surveys of Consumer Payment Choice: technical appendix," Research Data Report 14-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Greene, Claire & Schuh, Scott & Stavins, Joanna, 2018. "The 2012 diary of consumer payment choice," Research Data Report 18-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer payments; stochastic recall models; survey design; mean-squared error; bias;
- C83 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Survey Methods; Sampling Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbwp:13-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.