Bank diversification, market structure and bank risk taking: theory and evidence from U.S. commercial banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2009.
"Branch Banking as a Device for Discipline: Competition and Bank Survivorship during the Great Depression,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(2), pages 165-210, April.
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2007. "Branch Banking as a Device for Discipline: Competition and Bank Survivorship During the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose M. Liberti & Atif R. Mian, 2009. "Estimating the Effect of Hierarchies on Information Use," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4057-4090, October.
- Andrew Hertzberg & Jose Maria Liberti & Daniel Paravisini, 2010. "Information and Incentives Inside the Firm: Evidence from Loan Officer Rotation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(3), pages 795-828, June.
- Elena Loukoianova & Gianni De Nicolo & John H. Boyd, 2009.
"Banking Crises and Crisis Dating; Theory and Evidence,"
IMF Working Papers
09/141, International Monetary Fund.
- John Boyd & Gianni De Nicolò & Elena Loukoianova, 2010. "Banking Crises and Crisis Dating: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 3134, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bongini, Paola & Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2002. "How good is the market at assessing bank fragility? A horse race between different indicators," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1011-1028, May.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2000.
"Causes of U.S. Bank Distress During the Depression,"
NBER Working Papers
7919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2001. "Causes of U.S. bank distress during the depression," Proceedings 714, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Marquez, Robert, 2004. "Information and bank credit allocation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 185-214, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reint Gropp & Christian Gruendl & Andre Guettler, 2014.
"The Impact of Public Guarantees on Bank Risk-Taking: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 457-488.
- Gropp, R. & Grundl, C. & Guttler, A., 2010. "The Impact of Public Guarantees on Bank Risk Taking : Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Discussion Paper 2010-69S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gropp, Reint & Gruendl, Christian & Guettler, Andre, 2010. "The impact of public guarantees on bank risk taking: evidence from a natural experiment," Working Paper Series 1272, European Central Bank.
- Sanjukta Sarkar & Rudra Sensarma, 2016.
"The relationship between competition and risk-taking behaviour of Indian banks,"
Journal of Financial Economic Policy,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 95-119, April.
- Sarkar, Sanjukta & Sensarma, Rudra, 2016. "The Relationship between Competition and Risk Taking Behavior of Indian Banks," MPRA Paper 81065, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meslier, Céline & Morgan, Donald P. & Samolyk, Katherine & Tarazi, Amine, 2016.
"The benefits and costs of geographic diversification in banking,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 287-317.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Donald P. Morgan & Katherine Samolyk & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "The Benefits and Costs of Geographic Diversification in Banking," Post-Print hal-01338717, HAL.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Donald P. Morgan & Katherine Samolyk & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "The Benefits of Intrastate and Interstate Geographic Diversification in Banking," Working Papers hal-00950504, HAL.
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:95:y:2018:i:c:p:103-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- David VanHoose, 2013. "Implications of Shifting Retail Market Shares for Loan Monitoring in a Dominant-Bank Model," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(3), pages 291-316, July.
- Alexey Levkov, 2010. "Branching of banks and union decline," Risk and Policy Analysis Unit Working Paper QAU10-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Donald P. Morgan & Katherine Samolyk & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "The Benefits of Geographic Diversification in Banking," Working Papers hal-01155170, HAL.
- Fang, Yiwei & Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2014. "Institutional development and bank stability: Evidence from transition countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 160-176.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk ; Banks and banking ; Bank competition;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-05-02 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2012-05-02 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbqu:qau12-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrei Zlate). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .