Cross-validation based forecasting method: a machine learning approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Khandakar, Yeasmin, 2008.
"Automatic Time Series Forecasting: The forecast Package for R,"
Journal of Statistical Software,
Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i03).
- Rob J. Hyndman & Yeasmin Khandakar, 2007. "Automatic time series forecasting: the forecast package for R," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Clements, Michael P. & Hendry, David F., 2015. "Robust approaches to forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 99-112.
- Barbara Rossi, 2013.
"Exchange Rate Predictability,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1063-1119, December.
- Rossi, Barbara, 2013. "Exchange Rate Predictability," CEPR Discussion Papers 9575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Rossi, 2013. "Exchange Rate Predictability," Working Papers 690, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Barbara Rossi, 2013. "Exchange rate predictability," Economics Working Papers 1369, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Harding, Don & Pagan, Adrian, 2002.
"Dissecting the cycle: a methodological investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 365-381, March.
- Don Harding & Adrian Pagan, 2000. "Disecting the Cycle: A Methodological Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1164, Econometric Society.
- Hsiao, Cheng & Wan, Shui Ki, 2014. "Is there an optimal forecast combination?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P2), pages 294-309.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Christoph Bergmeir & Rob J Hyndman & Bonsoo Koo, 2015. "A Note on the Validity of Cross-Validation for Evaluating Time Series Prediction," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/15, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Peter R. Hansen & Asger Lunde & James M. Nason, 2011. "The Model Confidence Set," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(2), pages 453-497, March.
- Racine, Jeff, 2000. "Consistent cross-validatory model-selection for dependent data: hv-block cross-validation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 39-61, November.
- Garcia, Márcio G.P. & Medeiros, Marcelo C. & Vasconcelos, Gabriel F.R., 2017. "Real-time inflation forecasting with high-dimensional models: The case of Brazil," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 679-693.
- Chan, Felix & Pauwels, Laurent L., 2018. "Some theoretical results on forecast combinations," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 64-74.
- Alzahrani, Naif & Neal, Peter & Spencer, Simon E.F. & McKinley, Trevelyan J. & Touloupou, Panayiota, 2018. "Model selection for time series of count data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 33-44.
- Gerhard Bry & Charlotte Boschan, 1971. "Programmed Selection of Cyclical Turning Points," NBER Chapters, in: Cyclical Analysis of Time Series: Selected Procedures and Computer Programs, pages 7-63, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Clements, Michael P. & Hendry, David F., 2013. "Forecasting by factors, by variables, by both or neither?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 305-319.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2019-02-25 (Big Data)
- NEP-CMP-2019-02-25 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ETS-2019-02-25 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FOR-2019-02-25 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fgv:eesptd:498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da FGV EPGE). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eegvfbr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.