Energy Efficiency Policy with Price-quality Discrimination
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nauleau, Marie-Laure & Giraudet, Louis-Gaëtan & Quirion, Philippe, 2015. "Energy Efficiency Policy with Price-quality Discrimination," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 202240, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
References listed on IDEAS
- D'Haultfoeuille, Xavier & Durrmeyer, Isis & Février, Philippe, 2013.
"The Effect of Public Policies on Consumers' Preferences: Lessons from the French Automobile Market,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
422, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Xavier d'Haultfoeuille & Isis Durrmeyer & Philippe Février, 2013. "The Effect of Public Policies on Consumers' Preferences : Lessons from the French Automobile Market," Working Papers 2013-14, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Kenneth Gillingham & Richard G. Newell & Karen Palmer, 2009.
"Energy Efficiency Economics and Policy,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 597-620, September.
- Gillingham, Kenneth & Newell, Richard G. & Palmer, Karen, 2009. "Energy Efficiency Economics and Policy," Discussion Papers dp-09-13, Resources For the Future.
- Kenneth Gillingham & Richard G. Newell & Karen Palmer, 2009. "Energy Efficiency Economics and Policy," NBER Working Papers 15031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Fuel taxes: An important instrument for climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3194-3202, June.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1986:i:1:p:08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & Sébastien Houde, 2014. "Double moral hazard and the energy efficiency gap," Working Papers hal-01016109, HAL.
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & Philippe Quirion, 2008.
"Efficiency and distributional impacts of tradable white certificates compared to taxes, subsidies and regulations,"
Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 118(6), pages 885-914.
- Giraudet, Louis-Gaetan & Quirion, Philippe, 2008. "Efficiency and Distributional Impacts of Tradable White Certificates Compared to Taxes, Subsidies and Regulations," International Energy Markets Working Papers 46554, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & Philippe Quirion, 2008. "Efficiency and distributional impacts of tradable white certificates compared to taxes, subsidies and regulations," Post-Print hal-00716695, HAL.
- Philippe Quirion & Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet, 2008. "Efficiency and Distributional Impacts of Tradable White Certificates Compared to Taxes, Subsidies and Regulations," Working Papers 2008.88, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Michael Keen, 1998. "The balance between specific and ad valorem taxation," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(1), pages 1-37, February.
- Bansal, Sangeeta, 2008. "Choice and design of regulatory instruments in the presence of green consumers," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 345-368, August.
- Plourde, Charles & Bardis, Vassilios, 1999. "Fuel economy standards in a model of automobile quality," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 309-319, August.
- Nauleau, Marie-Laure, 2014. "Free-riding on tax credits for home insulation in France: An econometric assessment using panel data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 78-92.
- Fran�ois Cohen & Matthieu Glachant & Magnus S�derberg, 2015. "The impact of energy prices on energy efficiency: Evidence from the UK refrigerator market," GRI Working Papers 179, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & S. Houde, 2013. "Double moral hazard and the energy efficiency gap," Post-Print hal-00799725, HAL.
- Peter Grosche & Colin Vance, 2009.
"Willingness to Pay for Energy Conservation and Free-Ridership on Subsidization: Evidence from Germany,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 135-154.
- Grösche, Peter & Vance, Colin, 2008. "Willingness-to-Pay for Energy Conservation and Free-Ridership on Subsidization – Evidence from Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 58, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Hunt Allcott & Michael Greenstone, 2012. "Is There an Energy Efficiency Gap?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 3-28, Winter.
- Clément Carbonnier, 2008. "Différence des ajustements de prix à des hausses ou baisses des taux de la TVA : un examen empirique à partir des réformes françaises de 1995 et 2000," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 413(1), pages 3-20.
- Hassett, Kevin A. & Metcalf, Gilbert E., 1995. "Energy tax credits and residential conservation investment: Evidence from panel data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 201-217, June.
- Besanko, David & Donnenfeld, Shabtai & White, Lawrence J, 1988. "The Multiproduct Firm, Quality Choice, and Regulation," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 411-429, June.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249.
- Marie-Laure Nauleau, 2014. "Free-Riding in Tax Credits For Home Insulation in France: An Econometric Assessment Using Panel Data," Working Papers 2014.26, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- C. Lombardini-Riipinen, 2005. "Optimal Tax Policy under Environmental Quality Competition," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 32(3), pages 317-336, November.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2005. "On the importance of the supply side in demand-side management," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 165-180, January.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
- Boomhower, Judson & Davis, Lucas W., 2014. "A credible approach for measuring inframarginal participation in energy efficiency programs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 67-79.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc Ringel & Roufaida Laidi & Djamel Djenouri, 2019. "Multiple Benefits through Smart Home Energy Management Solutions—A Simulation-Based Case Study of a Single-Family-House in Algeria and Germany," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-21, April.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Efficiency; Price-Quality Discrimination;
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2015-05-09 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2015-05-09 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2015-05-09 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2015.33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask barbara racah to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.