Getting Cars Off the Road: The Cost-Effectiveness of an Episodic Pollution Control Program
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maureen Cropper & Yi Jiang & Anna Alberini & Patrick Baur, 2014. "Getting Cars Off the Road: The Cost-Effectiveness of an Episodic Pollution Control Program," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 57(1), pages 117-143, January.
- Maureen L. Cropper & Yi Jiang & Anna Alberini & Patrick Baur, 2010. "Getting Cars Off the Road: The Cost-Effectiveness of an Episodic Pollution Control Program," NBER Working Papers 15904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cropper, Maureen L. & Jiang, Yi & Alberini, Anna & Baur, Patrick, 2010. "Getting Cars Off the Road: The Cost-Effectiveness of an Episodic Pollution Control Program," Sustainable Development Papers 60749, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
References listed on IDEAS
- Lucas W. Davis, 2008. "The Effect of Driving Restrictions on Air Quality in Mexico City," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(1), pages 38-81, February.
- Cutter, W. Bowman & Neidell, Matthew, 2009. "Voluntary information programs and environmental regulation: Evidence from 'Spare the Air'," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 253-265, November.
- Krupnick, Alan J. & Farrell, Deirdre, 1996. "Six Steps to a Healthier Ambient Ozone Policy," Discussion Papers 10752, Resources for the Future.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-719, November.
- Ronald Cummings & Mary Beth Walker, 2000. "Measuring the effectiveness of voluntary emission reduction programmes," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(13), pages 1719-1726.
- Maximilian Auffhammer & Ryan Kellogg, 2011. "Clearing the Air? The Effects of Gasoline Content Regulation on Air Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(6), pages 2687-2722, October.
- Gary T. Henry & Craig S. Gordon, 2003. "Driving less for better air: Impacts of a public information campaign," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 45-63.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge A. Bonilla & Fernando Carriazo, 2018. "Assessing Social Experiments Using Apps: The Case of Car-Free Days in Bogotá," Documentos CEDE 016856, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Viard, V. Brian & Fu, Shihe, 2015.
"The effect of Beijing's driving restrictions on pollution and economic activity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 98-115.
- Viard, Brian & Fu, Shihe, 2011. "The effect of Beijing’s driving restrictions on pollution and economic activity," MPRA Paper 33009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- V. Brian Viard & Shihe Fu, 2013. "The Effect of Beijing’s Driving Restrictions on Pollution and Economic Activity," Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- repec:ucp:jaerec:doi:10.1086/697416 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allen Blackman & Francisco Alpízar & Fredrik Carlsson & Marisol Rivera Planter, 2018.
"A Contingent Valuation Approach to Estimating Regulatory Costs: Mexico’s Day without Driving Program,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(3), pages 607-641.
- Blackman, Allen & Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Rivera Planter, Marisol, 2015. "A Contingent Valuation Approach to Estimating Regulatory Costs: Mexico’s Day Without Driving Program," Discussion Papers dp-15-21, Resources For the Future.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:11:p:4147-:d:182066 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGround-Level Ozone; Episodic Pollution Control Schemes; Mobile Sources; Volatile Organic Compounds (Vocs); Cost Per Ton of Vocs Removed;
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Adoption and Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2010-05-22 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-05-22 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-05-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2010.46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.