Conditional Correlations in the Returns on Oil Companies Stock Prices and Their Determinants
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Massimo Giovannini & Margherita Grasso & Alessandro Lanza & Matteo Manera, 2006. "Conditional correlations in the returns on oil companies stock prices and their determinants," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 193-207, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Søren Johansen & Katarina Juselius, 1989. "The Full Information Maximum Likelihood Procedure for Inference on Cointegration - with Applications," Discussion Papers 89-11, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Donald Lien & Y. K. Tse & Albert Tsui, 2002. "Evaluating the hedging performance of the constant-correlation GARCH model," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(11), pages 791-798.
- Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 1992. "On Weak Exogeneity in Error Correction Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(2), pages 187-207, May.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-1153, September.
- Peter Tufano, 1998. "The Determinants of Stock Price Exposure: Financial Engineering and the Gold Mining Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1015-1052, June.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 70-86, February.
- Jia He & Lilian K. Ng, 1998. "The Foreign Exchange Exposure of Japanese Multinational Corporations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 733-753, April.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal, 1998. "Sensitivity of the bank stock returns distribution to changes in the level and volatility of interest rate: A GARCH-M model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 535-563, May.
- Alessandro Lanza & Matteo Manera & Margherita Grasso & Massimo Giovannini, 2003. "Long-run Models of Oil Stock Prices," Working Papers 2003.96, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "The Exchange-Rate Exposure of U.S. Multinationals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(3), pages 331-345, July.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Brooks, C. & Henry, O.T. & Persand, G., 1999. "Optimal Hedging and the Value of News," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 717, The University of Melbourne.
- McAleer, Michael & Chan, Felix & Hoti, Suhejla & Lieberman, Offer, 2008. "Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Correlation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(06), pages 1554-1583, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:499-515 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kourouvakalis, Stylianos, 2008. "Méthodes numériques pour la valorisation d'options swings et autres problèmes sur les matières premières," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/116 edited by Geman, Hélyette.
- Frank Venmans, 2015. "Capital market response to emission allowance prices: a multivariate GARCH approach," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 17(4), pages 577-620, October.
- Bianconi, Marcelo & Yoshino, Joe A., 2014.
"Risk factors and value at risk in publicly traded companies of the nonrenewable energy sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 19-32.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Joe A. Yoshino, 2013. "Risk Factors and Value at Risk in Publicly Trades Companies of the Nonrenewable Energy Sector," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0773, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Cardona, Laura & Gutiérrez, Marcela & Agudelo, Diego A., 2017.
"Volatility transmission between US and Latin American stock markets: Testing the decoupling hypothesis,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 115-127.
- Diego A. Agudelo & Marcela Gutiérrez & Laura Cardona, 2015. "Volatility transmission between US and Latin American Stock Markets: testing the decoupling hypothesis," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 014252, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Cunado, Juncal & Filis, George & Gabauer, David & Perez de Gracia, Fernando, 2018.
"Oil volatility, oil and gas firms and portfolio diversification,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 499-515.
- Nikolaos Antonakakis & Juncal Cunado & George Filis & David Gabauer & Fernando Perez de Gracia, 2018. "Oil volatility, oil and gas firms and portfolio diversification," BAFES Working Papers BAFES18, Department of Accounting, Finance & Economic, Bournemouth University.
- Diaz, Elena Maria & de Gracia, Fernando Perez, 2017. "Oil price shocks and stock returns of oil and gas corporations," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 75-80.
- Kang, Wensheng & Perez de Gracia, Fernando & Ratti, Ronald A., 2017. "Oil price shocks, policy uncertainty, and stock returns of oil and gas corporations," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 344-359.
More about this item
KeywordsConstant conditional correlations; Dynamic conditional correlations; Multivariate GARCH models; Stock price indexes; Brent oil prices; Spot and futures prices; Multivariate cointegration; VECM;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2004.71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.