Life quantity, life quality and longevity: An intertemporal social evaluation framework
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Yves DUCLOS & Bouba HOUSSEINI, 2013. "Life quantity, life quality and longevity: An intertemporal social evaluation framework," Working Papers P79, FERDI.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Bouba Housseini, 2013. "Life Quantity, Life Quality and Longevity : an Intertemporal Social Evaluation framework," Cahiers de recherche 1315, CIRPEE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Holger Strulik, 2014.
"Optimal Aging And Death: Understanding The Preston Curve,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 672-701, June.
- Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Holger Strulik, 2010. "Optimal Aging and Death: Understanding the Preston Curve," Discussion Papers 11-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Mar 2011.
- Blackorby, Charles & Bossert, Walter & Donaldson, David, 1995.
"Intertemporal Population Ethics: Critical-Level Utilitarian Principles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1303-1320, November.
- Charles Blackorby & Walter Bossert & David Donaldson, 1995. "Intertemporal Population Ethics: Critical-Level Utilitarian Principles," CESifo Working Paper Series 86, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, January.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Chuma, Hiroyuki, 1990. "A Model of the Demand for Longevity and the Value of Life Extension," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 761-782, August.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1986. "A class of generalized measures of mobility with applications," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 97-102.
- Salas, Rafael & Rabadan, Isabel, 1998. "Lifetime and Vertical Intertemporal Inequality, Income Smoothing, and Redistribution: A Social Welfare Approach," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(1), pages 63-79, March.
- Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1984. "Social criteria for evaluating population change," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 13-33, November.
More about this item
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J17 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Value of Life; Foregone Income
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fdi:wpaper:1085. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Mazenod). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferdifr.html .