Why do some firms contract out production?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2004.
"Outsourcing, Foreign Ownership, and Productivity: Evidence from UK Establishment-level Data,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 817-832, November.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2003. "Outsourcing, Foreign Ownership and Productivity: Evidence from UK Establishment Level Data," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 361, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Buehler, Stefan & Haucap, Justus, 2006. "Strategic outsourcing revisited," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 325-338, November.
- Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley, 2004. "Does Outsourcing Increase Profitability?," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(3), pages 267-288.
- Pol Antras & Elhanan Helpman, 2004.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(3), pages 552-580, June.
- Pol Antras & Elhanan Helpman, 2003. "Global Sourcing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2005, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Antràs, Pol & Helpman, Elhanan, 2004. "Global Sourcing," CEPR Discussion Papers 4170, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pol Antràs & Elhanan Helpman, 2003. "Global Sourcing," NBER Working Papers 10082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antras, Pol & Helpman, Elhanan, 2004. "Global Sourcing," Scholarly Articles 3196327, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Taylor, Susan K, 1996.
"Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 394-424, July.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan K. Taylor, 1993. "Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ono, Yukako, 2003.
"Outsourcing business services and the role of central administrative offices,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 377-395, May.
- Yukako Ono, 2002. "Outsourcing business services and the role of central administrative offices," Working Paper Series WP-02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Kimura, Fukunari & Ando, Mitsuyo, 2005. "Two-dimensional fragmentation in East Asia: Conceptual framework and empirics," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 317-348.
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen, 2004. "Why Some Firms Export," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 561-569, May.
- Tomiura, Eiichi, 2009. "Foreign versus domestic outsourcing: Firm-level evidence on the role of technology," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 219-226, March.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 2002. "Integration versus Outsourcing in Industry Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 85-120.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manuel Artis & Raul Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2006.
"Job losses, outsourcing and relocation, empirical evidence using microdata,"
IREA Working Papers
200601, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Dec 2006.
- Artís, Manuel & Ramos, Raul & Surinach, Jordi, 2007. "Job Losses, Outsourcing and Relocation: Empirical Evidence Using Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 2978, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manuel Artís & Raul Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2006. "Job losses, outsourcing and relocation: Empirical evidence using microdata," Working Papers CREAP2006-05, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2006.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Ribi, Evelyn, 2009.
"Outsourcing, unemployment and welfare policy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 168-176, June.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Evelyn Ribi, 2007. "Outsourcing, Unemployment and Welfare Policy," Working Papers 0720, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Evelyn Ribi, 2007. "Outsourcing, Unemployment and Welfare Policy," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2007 2007-41, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Evelyn Ribi, 2008. "Outsourcing, Unemployment and Welfare Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2452, CESifo Group Munich.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Ribi, Evelyn, 2007. "Outsourcing, Unemployment and Welfare Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 6605, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Liza Jabbour, "undated". "Market Thickness, Sunk Entry Costs, Firm Heterogeneity and the Outsourcing Decision: Empirical Evidence of Manufacturing Firms in France," Discussion Papers 08/20, University of Nottingham, GEP.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-03-24 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2007-03-24 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2007-03-24 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaeee:232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias). General contact details of provider: http://www.fedea.net .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.