La reforma de la negociación colectiva en España
Collective bargaining regulation in Spain was put in place at the beginning of the 1980s and, despite successive labour market reforms, its main ingredients are still intact. In this paper we argue that the Spanish regulation of collective bargaining fits neither the current Spanish economic structure or the needs arising from the new socio-economic, medium run outlook. After describing the main features of the Spanish collective bargaining system, we show that its results, both in micro- and macroeconomics terms, have been relatively poor. We then propose a reform of collective bargaining legislation aiming at better economic performance, and we end by identifying the sources of opposition to this type of reform.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F., 1997.
"The effects of minimum bargained wages on earnings: Evidence from Spain,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 713-721, April.
- Juan J. Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Juan F. Jimeno, "undated". "The effects of minimum bargained wages on earnings: Evidence from Spain," Working Papers 97-04, FEDEA.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Raurich & Hector Sala & Valeri Sorolla, "undated". "Employment and public capital in Spain," Working Papers 2001-21, FEDEA.
- Xavier Raurich & Hector Sala & Valeri Sorolla, 2002. "Employment and Public Capital in Spain," Working Papers wp0204-1, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Lars Calmfors, 2001. "Wages and Wage-Bargaining Institutions in the Emu : A Survey of the Issues," CESifo Working Paper Series 520, CESifo Group Munich.
- Olivier Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1997. "What We Know and Do Not Know about the Natural Rate of Unemployment," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 51-72, Winter.
- Olivier Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1996. "What We Know and Do Not Know About the Natural Rate of Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 5822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, O & Katz, L, 1996. "What We Know and Do Not Know about the Natural Rate of Unemployment," Working papers 96-29, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Juan J Dolado & Carlos Garcia--Serrano & Juan F. Jimeno, 2002. "Drawing Lessons From The Boom Of Temporary Jobs In Spain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(721), pages 270-295, June.
- Juan José Dolado & Carlos García-Serrano & Juan F. Jimeno, "undated". "Drawing Lessons from the Boom of Temporary Jobs in Spain," Working Papers 2001-11, FEDEA.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Garcia-Serrano, Carlos & Jimeno, Juan F, 2001. "Drawing Lessons From the Boom of Temporary Jobs in Spain," CEPR Discussion Papers 2884, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Salvador Barrios & Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri & Eric Strobl, 2004. "Efficiency spillovers from foreign direct investment in the EU periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland, and Spain," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 140(4), pages 688-705, December.
- Salvador Barrios & Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri & Eric Strobl, "undated". "Efficiency Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in the EU Periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland and Spain," Working Papers 2002-02, FEDEA.
- Lars Calmfors, 1993. "Centralisation of Wage Bargaining and Macroeconomic Performance: A Survey," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 131, OECD Publishing.
- Olympia Bover & Pilar García-Perea & Pedro Portugal, 2000. "Labour market outliers: Lessons from Portugal and Spain," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(31), pages 379-428, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)