La reforma de la negociación colectiva en España
Collective bargaining regulation in Spain was put in place at the beginning of the 1980s and, despite successive labour market reforms, its main ingredients are still intact. In this paper we argue that the Spanish regulation of collective bargaining fits neither the current Spanish economic structure or the needs arising from the new socio-economic, medium run outlook. After describing the main features of the Spanish collective bargaining system, we show that its results, both in micro- and macroeconomics terms, have been relatively poor. We then propose a reform of collective bargaining legislation aiming at better economic performance, and we end by identifying the sources of opposition to this type of reform.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Raurich & Hector Sala & Valeri Sorolla, .
"Employment and public capital in Spain,"
- Olivier Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1996.
"What We Know and Do Not Know About the Natural Rate of Unemployment,"
NBER Working Papers
5822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1997. "What We Know and Do Not Know about the Natural Rate of Unemployment," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 51-72, Winter.
- Blanchard, O & Katz, L, 1996. "What We Know and Do Not Know about the Natural Rate of Unemployment," Working papers 96-29, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F., 1997.
"The effects of minimum bargained wages on earnings: Evidence from Spain,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 713-721, April.
- Juan J. Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Juan F. Jimeno, . "The effects of minimum bargained wages on earnings: Evidence from Spain," Working Papers 97-04, FEDEA.
- Lars Calmfors, 2001. "Wages and Wage-Bargaining Institutions in the Emu : A Survey of the Issues," CESifo Working Paper Series 520, CESifo Group Munich.
- Juan J Dolado & Carlos Garcia--Serrano & Juan F. Jimeno, 2002.
"Drawing Lessons From The Boom Of Temporary Jobs In Spain,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(721), pages F270-F295, June.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Garcia-Serrano, Carlos & Jimeno, Juan F, 2001. "Drawing Lessons From the Boom of Temporary Jobs in Spain," CEPR Discussion Papers 2884, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Juan José Dolado & Carlos García-Serrano & Juan F. Jimeno, . "Drawing Lessons from the Boom of Temporary Jobs in Spain," Working Papers 2001-11, FEDEA.
- Lars Calmfors, 1993. "Centralisation of Wage Bargaining and Macroeconomic Performance: A Survey," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 131, OECD Publishing.
- Salvador Barrios & Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri & Eric Strobl, 2004.
"Efficiency spillovers from foreign direct investment in the EU periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland, and Spain,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 140(4), pages 688-705, December.
- Salvador Barrios & Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri & Eric Strobl, . "Efficiency Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in the EU Periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland and Spain," Working Papers 2002-02, FEDEA.
- Olympia Bover & Pilar García-Perea & Pedro Portugal, 2000. "Labour market outliers: Lessons from Portugal and Spain," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(31), pages 379-428, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2002-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.