Comovement of Central European stock markets using wavelet coherence: Evidence from high-frequency data
In this paper, we contribute to the literature on international stock market comovement. The novelty of our approach lies in usage of wavelet tools to high-frequency financial market data, which allows us to understand the relationship between stock market returns in a different way. Major part of economic time series analysis is done in time or frequency domain separately. Wavelet analysis can combine these two fundamental approaches, so we can work in time-frequency domain. Using wavelet power spectra and wavelet coherence, we have uncovered interesting dynamics of cross-correlations between Central European and Western European stock markets using high-frequency data. Our findings provide possibility of a new approach to financial risk modeling.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2011|
|Date of revision:||Jun 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Beirne & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & Nicola Spagnolo, 2013.
"Volatility Spillovers and Contagion from Mature to Emerging Stock Markets,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 1060-1075, November.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & John Beirne & Nicola Spagnolo, 2008. "Volatility Spillovers and Contagion From Mature to Emerging Stock Markets," IMF Working Papers 08/286, International Monetary Fund.
- Beirne, John & Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Schulze-Ghattas, Marianne & Spagnolo, Nicola, 2009. "Volatility spillovers and contagion from mature to emerging stock markets," Working Paper Series 1113, European Central Bank.
- John Beirne & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & Nicola Spagnolo, 2009. "Volatility Spillovers and Contagion from Mature to Emerging Stock Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 2545, CESifo Group Munich.
- John Beirne & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & Nicola Spagnolo, 2009. "Volatility Spillovers and Contagion from Mature to Emerging Stock Markets," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 873, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:wpaper:wp2011_22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.