Multi-scale Lead-Lag Relationship between the Stock and Futures Markets: Malaysia as a Case Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francis In & Sangbae Kim, 2006. "The Hedge Ratio and the Empirical Relationship between the Stock and Futures Markets: A New Approach Using Wavelet Analysis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 799-820, March.
- Mohammad Hasan, 2005. "An alternative approach in investigating lead--lag relationships between stock and stock index futures markets -- comment," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 125-130, March.
- Mohammad Hashim Kamali, 1999. "The Permissibility And Potential Of Developing Islamic Derivatives As Financial Instruments," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 7(2), pages 1-73, December.
- Joanna Bruzda, 2010. "European Equity Market Integration and Optimal Investment Horizons – Evidence from Wavelet Analysis," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 10, pages 15-30.
- Gallegati, Marco, 2008. "Wavelet analysis of stock returns and aggregate economic activity," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 3061-3074, February.
- Vacha, Lukas & Barunik, Jozef, 2012.
"Co-movement of energy commodities revisited: Evidence from wavelet coherence analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 241-247.
- Lukas Vacha & Jozef Barunik, 2012. "Co-movement of energy commodities revisited: Evidence from wavelet coherence analysis," Papers 1201.4776, arXiv.org.
- Lin Shinn-Juh & Stevenson Maxwell, 2001.
"Wavelet Analysis of the Cost-of-Carry Model,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-17, April.
- Shinn-Juh Lin & Max Stevenson, 1999. "Wavelet Analysis of Index Prices in Futures and Cash Markets: Implication for the Cost-Of-Carry Model," Research Paper Series 11, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Fung, Alexander Kwok-Wah & Lam, Kin & Lam, Ka-Ming, 2010. "Do the prices of stock index futures in Asia overreact to U.S. market returns?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 428-440, June.
- Pratap Chandra Pati & Prabina Rajib, 2011. "Intraday return dynamics and volatility spillovers between NSE S&P CNX Nifty stock index and stock index futures," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 567-574.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Patrick M. Crowley, 2007. "A Guide To Wavelets For Economists ," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 207-267, April.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1990. "The Dynamics of Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 441-468, December.
- Naccache, Théo, 2011. "Oil price cycles and wavelets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 338-352, March.
- Bacha, Obiyathulla I. & Abdul, Jalil O. & Othman, Khairudin, 1999. "Issues In Stock Index Futures Introduction And Trading. Evidence From The Malaysian Index Futures Market," MPRA Paper 13075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jozef Barunik & Lukas Vacha & Ladislav Krištoufek, 2011. "Comovement of Central European stock markets using wavelet coherence: Evidence from high-frequency data," Working Papers IES 2011/22, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jun 2011.
- Ramsey, James B. & Lampart, Camille, 1998. "Decomposition Of Economic Relationships By Timescale Using Wavelets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 49-71, March.
- Mara Madaleno & Carlos Pinho, 2012. "International stock market indices comovements: a new look," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 89-102, January.
- Masih, Mansur & Alzahrani, Mohammed & Al-Titi, Omar, 2010. "Systematic risk and time scales: New evidence from an application of wavelet approach to the emerging Gulf stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 10-18, January.
- Kawaller, Ira G & Koch, Paul D & Koch, Timothy W, 1987. " The Temporal Price Relationship between S&P 500 Futures and the S and P 500 Index," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1309-1329, December.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar & Maria Joana Soares, 2010. "The Continuous Wavelet Transform: A Primer," NIPE Working Papers 23/2010, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- In, Francis & Kim, Sangbae, 2006. "Multiscale hedge ratio between the Australian stock and futures markets: Evidence from wavelet analysis," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 411-423, October.
- AfDB AfDB, . "AfDB Group Annual Report 2008," Annual Report, African Development Bank, number 64 edited by Koua Louis Kouakou.
More about this item
KeywordsStock Index; Stock Index Futures; Lead-Lag Relationship; Continuous Wavelet Transform; Discrete Wavelet Transform;
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56954. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.