Customer Relationships and the Provision of Trade Credit during a Recession
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1999.
"Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1285-1320.
- McMillan, John & Woodruff, Christopher, 1998. "Inter-Firm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," CEPR Discussion Papers 2036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1998. "Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 132, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Giuseppe Marotta, 2005.
"When do trade credit discounts matter? Evidence from Italian firm-level data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 403-416.
- Giuseppe Marotta, 2003. "When do trade credit discounts matter? Evidence from Italian firm-level data," Heterogeneity and monetary policy 0303, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Nicholas Wilson & Barbara Summers, 2002. "Trade Credit Terms Offered by Small Firms: Survey Evidence and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3&4), pages 317-351.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1997.
"Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 661-691.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," CRSP working papers 322, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1996. "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fabbri, Daniela & Klapper, Leora, 2008. "Market power and the matching of trade credit terms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4754, The World Bank.
- Carlos A. Molina & Lorenzo A. Preve, 2009. "Trade Receivables Policy of Distressed Firms and Its Effect on the Costs of Financial Distress," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(3), pages 663-686, September.
- Nilsen, Jeffrey H, 2002. "Trade Credit and the Bank Lending Channel," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 226-253, February.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Udell, Gregory F. & Watanabe, Wako, 2013. "Are trade creditors relationship lenders?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25, pages 24-38.
- Mariassunta Giannetti & Mike Burkart & Tore Ellingsen, 2011.
"What You Sell Is What You Lend? Explaining Trade Credit Contracts,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(4), pages 1261-1298.
- Burkart, Mike & Ellingsen, Tore & Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2004. "What You Sell is What You Lend? Explaining Trade Credit Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 4823, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Burkart, Mike & Ellingsen, Tore, 2011. "What you sell is what you lend? Explaining trade credit contracts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69543, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Van Horen, Neeltje, 2007.
"Customer Market Power and the Provision of Trade Credit; Evidence from Eastern Europe and Central Asia,"
3378, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Van Horen, Neeltje, 2007. "Customer market power and the provision of trade credit : evidence from Eastern Europe and Central Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4284, The World Bank.
- Barbara Summers & Nicholas Wilson, 2003. "Trade credit and customer relationships," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6-7), pages 439-455.
- Love, Inessa & Preve, Lorenzo A. & Sarria-Allende, Virginia, 2007.
"Trade credit and bank credit: Evidence from recent financial crises,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 453-469, February.
- Love, Inessa & Preve, Lorenzo A. & Sarria-Allende, Virginia, 2005. "Trade credit and bank credit : evidence from recent financial crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3716, The World Bank.
- Burkart, Mike & Ellingsen, Tore, 2002. "In-kind finance," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24940, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Yoshiro Miwa & J. Mark Ramseyer, 2008. "The Implications of Trade Credit for Bank Monitoring: Suggestive Evidence from Japan," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 317-343, June.
- Vincente Cuñat, 2000.
"Trade Credit: Suppliers as Debt Collectors and Insurance Providers,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp365, Financial Markets Group.
- Vicente Cuñat, 2002. "Trade credit: Suppliers as debt collectors and insurance providers," Economics Working Papers 625, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 2004.
- Chee K. Ng & Janet Kiholm Smith & Richard L. Smith, 1999. "Evidence on the Determinants of Credit Terms Used in Interfirm Trade," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 1109-1129, June.
- Ono, Masanori, 2001. "Determinants of Trade Credit in the Japanese Manufacturing Sector," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 160-177, June.
- TSURUTA Daisuke & Peng XU, 2007. "Debt Structure and Bankruptcy of Financially Distressed Small Businesses," Discussion papers 07032, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Benjamin S. Wilner, 2000. "The Exploitation of Relationships in Financial Distress: The Case of Trade Credit," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 153-178, February.
- Olga Rodríguez-Rodríguez, 2006. "Trade Credit in Small and Medium Size Firms: An Application of the System Estimator With Panel Data," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 103-126, October.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:09043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (KUMAGAI, Akiko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.