Foreign Bond Markets and Financial Market Development: International Perspectives
The domestic bond markets of the Asia and Pacific region have grown considerably since the Asian financial crisis of 1997, although they remain undeveloped relative to the regionâ€™s weight in the world economy. This paper proposes that in order to encourage further development of these markets, regulators should make them more accessible to foreign borrowers. [ADBI Working Paper 173]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burger, John D. & Warnock, Francis E., 2007.
"Foreign participation in local currency bond markets,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 291-304.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2004. "Foreign participation in local-currency bond markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 794, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2006. "Foreign Participation in Local Currency Bond Markets," NBER Working Papers 12548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans J. Blommestein & Javier Santiso, 2007. "New Strategies for Emerging Domestic Sovereign Bond Markets," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 260, OECD Publishing.
- Robert McCauley & Guorong Jiang, 2004. "Diversifying with Asian local currency bonds," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Barry Eichengreen & Pipat Luengnaruemitchai, 2006.
"Why doesn’t Asia have bigger bond markets?,"
BIS Papers chapters,
in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Asian bond markets: issues and prospects, volume 30, pages 40-77
Bank for International Settlements.
- Honda, Etsuro, 2003. "Financial deregulation in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 135-140, January.
- Richard J. Herring & Nathporn Chatusripitak, 2000. "The Case of the Missing Market: The Bond Market and Why It Matters for Financial Development," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Peter G. Szilagyi, 2007. "Domestic Bond Market Development: The Arirang Bond Experience in Korea," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 22(2), pages 165-195, September.
- J. Dasso & E. Worzala, 1993. "An international real estate society?," ERES eres1993_124, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Julia Leung, 2006. "Developing bond markets in Asia: experience with ABF2," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Developing corporate bond markets in Asia, volume 26, pages 74-79 Bank for International Settlements.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2005. "Capital Controls: Mud in the Wheels of Market Efficiency," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 25(1), pages 153-166, Winter.
- Blommestein Hans J & Santiso Javier, 2007. "New Strategies for Emerging Domestic Sovereign Bond Markets in the Global Financial Landscape," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-58, June.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Tridip Ray, 2003.
"Bank-based versus Market-based Financial Systems: A Growth-theoretic Analysis,"
University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers
2003-6, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Feb 2002.
- Chakraborty, Shankha & Ray, Tridip, 2006. "Bank-based versus market-based financial systems: A growth-theoretic analysis," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 329-350, March.
- Camilo E. Tovar & Myriam Quispe-Agnoli, 2008. "New financing trends in Latin America : an overview of selected issues and policy challenges," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Guorong Jiang & Robert McCauley, 2004. "Asian local currency bond markets," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Warren P. Hogan & Peter G. Szilagyi, 2011. "The Role of Foreign Bond Issuance: The Case of Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 44(1), pages 36-50, 03.
- Paul Lejot & Douglas Arner & Liu Qiao, 2006. "Missing Links: Regional Reforms for Asia's Bond Markets," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 309-331, July.
- Masahiro Inoguchi, 2007. "Influence of ADB Bond Issues and US Bonds on Asian Government Bonds ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 387-404, December.
- Kee-Hong Bae & Young Sup Yun & Warren Bailey, 2006. "Determinants of bond holdings by foreign investors," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Asian bond markets: issues and prospects, volume 30, pages 102-128 Bank for International Settlements.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.