Foreign Bond Markets and Financial Market Development: International Perspectives
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jonathan A. Batten & Warren P. Hogan & Peter G. Szilagyi, 2012. "Foreign Bond Markets and Financial Market Development: International Perspectives," Chapters,in: Implications of the Global Financial Crisis for Financial Reform and Regulation in Asia, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Warren P. Hogan & Peter G Szilagyi, 2010. "Foreign Bond Markets and Financial Market Development: International Perspectives," Working Papers id:3042, eSocialSciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2005. "Capital Controls: Mud in the Wheels of Market Efficiency," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 25(1), pages 153-166, Winter.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Peter G. Szilagyi, 2007. "Domestic Bond Market Development: The Arirang Bond Experience in Korea," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 22(2), pages 165-195, September.
- Robert McCauley & Guorong Jiang, 2004. "Diversifying with Asian local currency bonds," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Camilo E. Tovar & Myriam Quispe-Agnoli, 2008. "New financing trends in Latin America : an overview of selected issues and policy challenges," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Paul Lejot & Douglas Arner & Liu Qiao, 2006. "Missing Links: Regional Reforms for Asia's Bond Markets," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 309-331, July.
- Barry Eichengreen & Pipat Luengnaruemitchai, 2006. "Why doesn’t Asia have bigger bond markets?," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Asian bond markets: issues and prospects, volume 30, pages 40-77 Bank for International Settlements.
- Chakraborty, Shankha & Ray, Tridip, 2006.
"Bank-based versus market-based financial systems: A growth-theoretic analysis,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 329-350, March.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Tridip Ray, 2003. "Bank-based versus Market-based Financial Systems: A Growth-theoretic Analysis," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2003-6, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Feb 2002.
- Jerry Dasso & Elaine Worzala, 1993. "An international real estate society?," ERES eres1993_124, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Richard J. Herring & Nathporn Chatusripitak, 2000. "The Case of the Missing Market: The Bond Market and Why It Matters for Financial Development," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Barry Eichengreen & Pipat Luengnaruemitchai, 2004. "Why Dones't Asia have the biger bond markets," Working Papers 242004, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Honda, Etsuro, 2003. "Financial deregulation in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 135-140, January.
- Julia Leung, 2006. "Developing bond markets in Asia: experience with ABF2," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Developing corporate bond markets in Asia, volume 26, pages 74-79 Bank for International Settlements.
- Guorong Jiang & Robert McCauley, 2004. "Asian local currency bond markets," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Burger, John D. & Warnock, Francis E., 2007.
"Foreign participation in local currency bond markets,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 291-304.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2004. "Foreign participation in local-currency bond markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 794, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2006. "Foreign Participation in Local Currency Bond Markets," NBER Working Papers 12548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans J. Blommestein & Javier Santiso, 2007. "New Strategies for Emerging Domestic Sovereign Bond Markets," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 260, OECD Publishing.
- Kee-Hong Bae & Young Sup Yun & Warren Bailey, 2006. "Determinants of bond holdings by foreign investors," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Asian bond markets: issues and prospects, volume 30, pages 102-128 Bank for International Settlements.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Warren P. Hogan & Peter G. Szilagyi, 2011. "The Role of Foreign Bond Issuance: The Case of Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 44(1), pages 36-50, March.
- Blommestein Hans J & Santiso Javier, 2007. "New Strategies for Emerging Domestic Sovereign Bond Markets in the Global Financial Landscape," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-58, June.
- Masahiro Inoguchi, 2007. "Influence of ADB Bond Issues and US Bonds on Asian Government Bonds ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 387-404, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Mizen & Serafeim Tsoukas, 2014.
"What promotes greater use of the corporate bond market? A study of the issuance behaviour of firms in Asia,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 227-253, January.
- Paul Mizen & Serafeim Tsoukas, "undated". "What Promotes Greater Use of the Corporate Bond Market? A Study of the Issuance Behaviour of Firms in Asia," Discussion Papers 12/17, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Paul Mizen & Serafeim Tsoukas, 2012. "What promotes greater use of the corporate bond market? A study of the issuance behaviour of firms in Asia," Working Papers 2012_17, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Morgan, Peter J. & Lamberte , Mario, 2012. "Strengthening Financial Infrastructure," ADBI Working Papers 345, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsbond markets; financial market development; foreign bonds;
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2010-05-22 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IFN-2010-05-22 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2010-05-22 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.