Looking Beyond Universal Primary Education: Gender Differences in Time Use among Children in Rural Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shafiq, M. Najeeb, 2007. "Household schooling and child labor decisions in rural Bangladesh," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 946-966, December.
- Judith Blake, 1981. "Family size and the quality of children," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 18(4), pages 421-442, November.
- John Knodel & Malinee Wongsith, 1991. "Family size and children’s education in Thailand: Evidence from a national sample," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 28(1), pages 119-131, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hahn, Youjin & Islam, Asadul & Patacchini, Eleonora & Zenou, Yves, 2017. "Do Friendship Networks Improve Female Education?," IZA Discussion Papers 10674, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Madina Agénor, 2014.
"Infrastructure, women’s time allocation, and economic development,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 1-30, September.
- P R Agénor & M Agénor, 2009. "Infrastructure, Women’s Time Allocation, and Economic Development," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 116, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
More about this item
Keywordsgender; parents; education; investments; bangladesh; private investment;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-09-25 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2010-09-25 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-09-25 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-09-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2837. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .