Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intell. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/intelligence .
2021, Volume 88, Issue C
- S0160289621000337 The future of intelligence: The role of specific abilities
by Coyle, Thomas R. & Greiff, Samuel
- S0160289621000490 Genetic propensities for verbal and spatial ability have opposite effects on body mass index and risk of schizophrenia
by Jonsdottir, Gudrun A. & Einarsson, Gudmundur & Thorleifsson, Gudmar & Magnusson, Sigurdur H. & Gunnarsson, Arni F. & Frigge, Michael L. & Gisladottir, Rosa S. & Unnsteinsdottir, Unnur & Gunnarsson, Bjarni & Walters, G. Bragi & Steinthorsdottir, Valgerdur & Helgadottir, Anna & Jonsdottir, Ingileif & Gislason, Thorsteinn & Thorsteinsson, Haraldur S. & Sigurdsson, Engilbert & Haraldsson, Magnus & Sigurdsson, Emil L. & Bjarnason, Ragnar & Olafsson, Isleifur & Thorgeirsson, Gudmundur & Sulem, Patrick & Holm, Hilma & Thorsteinsdottir, Unnur & Gudbjartsson, Daniel F. & Bjornsdottir, Gyda & Thorgeirsson, Thorgeir E. & Stefansson, Hreinn & Stefansson, Kari
- S0160289621000507 A valid evaluation of the theory of multiple intelligences is not yet possible: Problems of methodological quality for intervention studies
by Ferrero, Marta & Vadillo, Miguel A. & León, Samuel P.
- S0160289621000519 Evolving networks of human intelligence
by Savi, Alexander O. & Marsman, Maarten & van der Maas, Han L.J.
- S0160289621000520 Predicting fluid intelligence in adolescence from structural MRI with deep learning methods
by Saha, Susmita & Pagnozzi, Alex & Bradford, Dana & Fripp, Jurgen
- S0160289621000532 Recent developments, current challenges, and future directions in electrophysiological approaches to studying intelligence
by Euler, Matthew J. & Schubert, Anna-Lena
- S0160289621000623 Cognitive ability and personality: Testing broad to nuanced associations with a smartphone app
by Rozgonjuk, Dmitri & Schmitz, Florian & Kannen, Christopher & Montag, Christian
- S0160289621000635 Genetic and environmental contributions to IQ in adoptive and biological families with 30-year-old offspring
by Willoughby, Emily A. & McGue, Matt & Iacono, William G. & Lee, James J.
- S0160289621000647 Ability-related political polarization in the COVID-19 pandemic
by Shoots-Reinhard, Brittany & Goodwin, Raleigh & Bjälkebring, Pär & Markowitz, David M. & Silverstein, Michael C. & Peters, Ellen
- S0160289621000660 No evidence for cumulating socioeconomic advantage. Ability explains increasing SES effects with age on children's domain test scores
by Marks, Gary N. & O'Connell, Michael
- S0160289621000672 A review of Russell T. Warne's In the Know: Debunking 35 myths about human intelligence
by Hambrick, David Z.
2021, Volume 87, Issue C
- S0160289621000295 Interindividual differences in matrix reasoning are linked to functional connectivity between brain regions nominated by Parieto-Frontal Integration Theory
by Fraenz, Christoph & Schlüter, Caroline & Friedrich, Patrick & Jung, Rex E. & Güntürkün, Onur & Genç, Erhan
- S0160289621000301 The future of intelligence research and gifted education
by Wai, Jonathan & Worrell, Frank C.
- S0160289621000313 How to solve number series items: Can watching video tutorials increase test scores?
by Schneider, Benedikt & Sparfeldt, Jörn R.
- S0160289621000325 How much intelligence is there in artificial intelligence? A 2020 update
by van der Maas, Han L.J. & Snoek, Lukas & Stevenson, Claire E.
- S0160289621000404 The frustrated narcissist: Intelligence may reduce the chances of developing narcissistic rivalry
by Gignac, Gilles E. & Zajenkowski, Marcin
- S0160289621000441 Continuous time models support the reciprocal relations between academic achievement and fluid intelligence over the course of a school year
by Saß, Steffani & Schütte, Kerstin & Kampa, Nele & Köller, Olaf
- S0160289621000453 Reducing adverse impact in high-stakes testing
by Burgoyne, Alexander P. & Mashburn, Cody A. & Engle, Randall W.
- S0160289621000465 The future of intelligence: The central meaning-making unit of intelligence in the mind, the brain, and artificial intelligence
by Demetriou, Andreas & Golino, Hudson & Spanoudis, George & Makris, Nikolaos & Greiff, Samuel
- S0160289621000477 The future of intelligence research in the coming age of artificial intelligence – With a special consideration of the philosophical movements of trans- and posthumanism
by Neubauer, Aljoscha C.
- S0160289621000489 The left frontal lobe is critical for the AH4 fluid intelligence test
by Mole, Joseph & Foley, Jennifer & Shallice, Tim & Cipolotti, Lisa
- S016028962100043X A new beginning of intelligence research. Designing the playground
by Protzko, John & Colom, Roberto
2021, Volume 86, Issue C
- S0160289621000131 The relation between science achievement and general cognitive abilities in large-scale assessments
by Kampa, Nele & Scherer, Ronny & Saß, Steffani & Schipolowski, Stefan
- S0160289621000143 Using DNA to predict intelligence
by von Stumm, Sophie & Plomin, Robert
- S0160289621000222 Temporal stability of specific ability scores and intelligence profiles in high ability students
by Breit, Moritz & Scherrer, Vsevolod & Preckel, Franzis
- S0160289621000246 Is there a “g-neuron”? Establishing a systematic link between general intelligence (g) and the von Economo neuron
by Bruton, Oliver J.
- S0160289621000258 No evidence for an effect of a working memory training program on white matter microstructure
by Lawlor-Savage, Linette & Kusi, Mavis & Clark, Cameron M. & Goghari, Vina M.
- S0160289621000271 String-pulling in the Greater Vasa parrot (Coracopsis vasa): A replication of capacity, findings of longitudinal retention, and evidence for a species-level general insight factor across five physical cognition tasks
by Woodley of Menie, Michael A. & Peñaherrera-Aguirre, Mateo & Woodley, Anthony M.R.
- S0160289621000283 The Flynn effect in Germanophone preschoolers (1996–2018): Small effects, erratic directions, and questionable interpretations
by Pietschnig, Jakob & Deimann, Pia & Hirschmann, Nicole & Kastner-Koller, Ursula
- S016028962100012X How do educational inequalities develop? The role of socioeconomic status, cognitive ability, home environment, and self-efficacy along the educational path
by Paulus, Lena & Spinath, Frank M. & Hahn, Elisabeth
- S016028962100026X Intelligence matters for stochastic feedback processing during sequence learning in adolescents and young adults
by Lange-Küttner, Christiane & Averbeck, Bruno B. & Hentschel, Maren & Baumbach, Jan
2021, Volume 85, Issue C
- S0160289621000106 Age-related nuances in knowledge assessment
by Schroeders, Ulrich & Watrin, Luc & Wilhelm, Oliver
- S0160289621000118 Executive function-related functional connectomes predict intellectual abilities
by He, Li & Liu, Wei & Zhuang, Kaixiang & Meng, Jie & Qiu, Jiang
- S016028962100009X The secular trend of intelligence test scores in the present century: The Danish experience
by Hegelund, Emilie R. & Okholm, Gunhild T. & Teasdale, Thomas W.
2021, Volume 84, Issue C
- S0160289620300829 White-Black differences in tech tilt: Support for Spearman's law and investment theories
by Coyle, Thomas R.
- S0160289620300891 Are the effects of intelligence on student achievement and well-being largely functions of family income and social class? Evidence from a longitudinal study of Irish adolescents
by O'Connell, Michael & Marks, Gary N.
- S0160289620300908 No negative Flynn effect in France: Why variations of intelligence should not be assessed using tests based on cultural knowledge
by Gonthier, Corentin & Grégoire, Jacques & Besançon, Maud
- S0160289620300921 Do income and marriage mediate the relationship between cognitive ability and fertility? Data from Swedish taxation and conscriptions registers for men born 1951–1967
by Kolk, Martin & Barclay, Kieron
- S0160289620300933 Socioeconomic inequality and regional disparities in educational achievement: The role of relative poverty
by Daniele, Vittorio
- S0160289620300945 Further evidence that the worst performance rule is a special case of the correlation of sorted scores rule
by Sorjonen, Kimmo & Madison, Guy & Hemmingsson, Tomas & Melin, Bo & Ullén, Fredrik
- S016028962030091X Behavioral and brain dynamics of executive control in relation to children's fluid intelligence
by Rico-Picó, Josué & Hoyo, Ángela & Guerra, Sonia & Conejero, Ángela & Rueda, M. Rosario
2020, Volume 83, Issue C
- S0160289620300684 Reasoning, fast and slow: How noncognitive factors may alter the ability-speed relationship
by Shaw, Amy & Elizondo, Fabian & Wadlington, Patrick L.
- S0160289620300805 The moderating effect of prior knowledge on the relationship between intelligence and complex problem solving – Testing the Elshout-Raaheim hypothesis
by Weise, Julius J. & Greiff, Samuel & Sparfeldt, Jörn R.
- S0160289620300817 Speed of processing, control of processing, working memory and crystallized and fluid intelligence: Evidence for a developmental cascade
by Tourva, Anna & Spanoudis, George
2020, Volume 82, Issue C
- S0160289620300465 Investigating operation-specific learning effects in the Raven's Advanced Progressive Matrices: A linear logistic test modeling approach
by Lozano, José H. & Revuelta, Javier
- S0160289620300507 Relationship between intelligence and posttraumatic stress disorder in veterans
by Shura, Robert D. & Epstein, Erica L. & Ord, Anna S. & Martindale, Sarah L. & Rowland, Jared A. & Brearly, Timothy W. & Taber, Katherine H.
- S0160289620300519 Teaching the underlying rules of figural matrices in a short video increases test scores
by Schneider, Benedikt & Becker, Nicolas & Krieger, Florian & Spinath, Frank M. & Sparfeldt, Jörn R.
- S0160289620300581 Executive functions and intelligence- are there genetic difference?
by Nikolašević, Željka & Smederevac, Snežana & Bugarski Ignjatović, Vojislava & Kodžopeljić, Jasmina & Milovanović, Ilija & Prinz, Mechthild & Budimlija, Zoran
- S0160289620300593 The Flynn effect can become embedded in tests: How cross-sectional age norms can corrupt longitudinal research
by O'Keefe, Patrick & Rodgers, Joseph Lee
- S0160289620300611 Relationships between cognitive abilities and prosocial behavior are entirely explained by shared genetic influences: A Nigerian twin study
by Hur, Yoon-Mi
- S0160289620300623 Disuse as time away from a cognitively demanding job; how does it temporally or developmentally impact late-life cognition?
by Oi, Katsuya
- S0160289620300635 Children’s performance on Raven’s Coloured progressive matrices in Portugal: The Flynn effect
by Carvalho, Irene P. & Costa, Ana & Silva, Sofia & Moreira, Bárbara & Almeida, Agostinho & Moreira-Rosário, André & Guerra, António & Peixoto, Bruno & Delerue-Matos, Cristina & Sintra, Diana & Pestana, Diogo & Pinto, Edgar & Mendes, Francisca de Castro & Martins, Inês & Leite, João Costa & Caldas, José Carlos & Fontoura, Manuel & Maia, Maria Luz & Queirós, Pedro & Moreira, Roxana & Leal, Sandra & Norberto, Sónia & Costa, Vera da & Fernandes, Virgínia Cruz & Keating, Elisa & Azevedo, Luís F. & Calhau, Conceição
- S0160289620300647 Measures of inhibitory control correlate between different tasks but do not predict problem-solving success in a fish, Poecilia reticulata
by Montalbano, Giulia & Bertolucci, Cristiano & Lucon-Xiccato, Tyrone
- S0160289620300659 Critical thinking predicts academic performance beyond general cognitive ability: Evidence from adults and children
by Ren, Xuezhu & Tong, Yan & Peng, Peng & Wang, Tengfei
- S0160289620300660 Low base rates and a high IQ selection threshold prevented Terman from identifying future Nobelists
by Warne, Russell T. & Larsen, Ross A.A. & Clark, Jonathan
- S0160289620300672 Fluid reasoning is equivalent to relation processing
by Jastrzębski, Jan & Ociepka, Michał & Chuderski, Adam
2020, Volume 81, Issue C
- S0160289620300313 Sex-specific academic ability and attitude patterns in students across developed countries
by Stoet, Gijsbert & Geary, David C.
- S0160289620300350 Patterns and sources of the association between intelligence, party identification, and political orientations
by Bell, Edward & Dawes, Christopher T. & Weinschenk, Aaron & Riemann, Rainer & Kandler, Christian
- S0160289620300441 Intellect is not that expensive: differential association of cultural and socio-economic factors with crystallized intelligence in a sample of Italian adolescents
by Conte, Federica & Costantini, Giulio & Rinaldi, Luca & Gerosa, Tiziano & Girelli, Luisa
- S0160289620300453 A population level analysis of the gender gap in mathematics: Results on over 13 million children using the INVALSI dataset
by Giofrè, D. & Cornoldi, C. & Martini, A. & Toffalini, E.
- S0160289620300477 A meta-analysis of the correlations among broad intelligences: Understanding their relations
by Bryan, Victoria M. & Mayer, John D.
- S0160289620300489 Testing competing claims about overclaiming
by Goecke, B. & Weiss, S. & Steger, D. & Schroeders, U. & Wilhelm, O.
- S0160289620300490 Testing the association of growth mindset and grades across a challenging transition: Is growth mindset associated with grades?
by Li, Yue & Bates, Timothy C.
- S016028962030043X The costs of being exceptionally intelligent: Compatibility and interpersonal skill concerns
by Gignac, Gilles E. & Callis, Zoe M.V.
2020, Volume 80, Issue C
- S0160289620300155 Sex differences in tech tilt: Support for investment theories
by Coyle, Thomas R.
- S0160289620300167 Differences and secular trends in childhood IQ trajectories in Guatemala City
by Mansukoski, Liina & Bogin, Barry & Galvez-Sobral, J. Andres & Furlán, Luis & Johnson, William
- S0160289620300179 The net effect of ability tilt in gendered STEM-related choices
by Sadowski, Ireneusz & Zawistowska, Alicja
- S0160289620300271 The Dunning-Kruger effect is (mostly) a statistical artefact: Valid approaches to testing the hypothesis with individual differences data
by Gignac, Gilles E. & Zajenkowski, Marcin
- S0160289620300283 Variations in psychological factors and experience-dependent changes in team-based video game performance
by Bonny, Justin W. & Scanlon, Mike & Castaneda, Lisa M.
- S0160289620300295 Kids These Days! Increasing delay of gratification ability over the past 50 years in children
by Protzko, John
- S0160289620300301 Multiple numeric competencies predict decision outcomes beyond fluid intelligence and cognitive reflection
by Sobkow, Agata & Olszewska, Angelika & Traczyk, Jakub
- S0160289620300325 The Correlation of Sorted Scores Rule
by Sorjonen, Kimmo & Madison, Guy & Melin, Bo & Ullén, Fredrik
- S0160289620300337 No decline in the principle-based thought of 9-year-old schoolchildren between 1991 and 2001
by Must, Olev & Must, Aasa
- S0160289620300349 Macroevolutionary patterns and selection modes for general intelligence (G) and for commonly used neuroanatomical volume measures in primates
by Fernandes, Heitor B.F. & Peñaherrera-Aguirre, Mateo & Woodley of Menie, Michael A. & Figueredo, Aurelio José
- S016028962030026X The association of externalizing and internalizing problems with indicators of intelligence in a sample of at-risk children
by Kavish, Nicholas & Helton, Jesse & Vaughn, Michael G. & Boutwell, Brian B.
2020, Volume 79, Issue C
- S0160289619302041 Societal level gender inequalities amplify gender gaps in problem solving more than in academic disciplines
by Borgonovi, Francesca & Greiff, Samuel
- S0160289620300088 Time and generational changes in cognitive performance in Romania
by Gunnesch-Luca, George & Iliescu, Dragoș
- S0160289620300106 Cognitive ability, cognitive self-awareness, and school performance: From childhood to adolescence
by Demetriou, Andreas & Kazi, Smaragda & Makris, Nikolaos & Spanoudis, George
- S0160289620300118 Beyond individual intelligence tests: Application of Cattell-Horn-Carroll Theory
by Caemmerer, Jacqueline M. & Keith, Timothy Z. & Reynolds, Matthew R.
- S0160289620300131 Detrimental effects of an economic crisis on student cognitive achievement – A natural experiment from Palestine
by Bisharat, Khaled & Christ, Alexander & Kröner, Stephan
- S0160289620300143 Gender differences and measurement bias in the assessment of adult intelligence: Evidence from the Italian WAIS-IV and WAIS-R standardizations
by Pezzuti, Lina & Tommasi, Marco & Saggino, Aristide & Dawe, James & Lauriola, Marco
- S016028962030009X PASS theory of intelligence and academic achievement: A meta-analytic review
by Georgiou, George K. & Guo, Kan & Naveenkumar, Nithya & Vieira, Ana Paula Alves & Das, J.P.
2020, Volume 78, Issue C
- S0160289619301886 Survey of expert opinion on intelligence: Intelligence research, experts' background, controversial issues, and the media
by Rindermann, Heiner & Becker, David & Coyle, Thomas R.
- S0160289619301898 Fluctuating asymmetry in brain structure and general intelligence in 73-year-olds
by Moodie, Joanna E. & Ritchie, Stuart J. & Cox, Simon R. & Harris, Mathew A. & Muñoz Maniega, Susana & Valdés Hernández, Maria C. & Pattie, Alison & Corley, Janie & Bastin, Mark E. & Starr, John M. & Wardlaw, Joanna M. & Deary, Ian J.
- S0160289619301904 Racial and ethnic group differences in the heritability of intelligence: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Pesta, Bryan J. & Kirkegaard, Emil O.W. & te Nijenhuis, Jan & Lasker, Jordan & Fuerst, John G.R.
- S0160289619302016 The influence of educational attainment on intelligence
by Hegelund, Emilie Rune & Grønkjær, Marie & Osler, Merete & Dammeyer, Jesper & Flensborg-Madsen, Trine & Mortensen, Erik Lykke
- S0160289619302028 Differential associations between rumination and intelligence subtypes
by du Pont, Alta & Karbin, Zoe & Rhee, Soo Hyun & Corley, Robin P. & Hewitt, John K. & Friedman, Naomi P.
- S016028961930203X Multiple complex problem-solving scenarios: The incremental validity of ability self-concept beyond reasoning in adults
by Christ, Alexander & Becker, Nicolas & Kröner, Stephan
2019, Volume 77, Issue C
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301862 Decomposing the influence of mental processes on academic performance
by Demetriou, Andreas & Makris, Nikolaos & Tachmatzidis, Dimitrios & Kazi, Smaragda & Spanoudis, George
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301801 Estimating the true extent of gender differences in scholastic achievement: A neural network approach
by Loesche, Philipp Manuel
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301813 Age and sex invariance of the International Cognitive Ability Resource (ICAR)
by Young, Stephanie Ruth & Keith, Timothy Z. & Bond, Mark A.
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301849 Intelligence, family income and parental education in the Sudan
by Husain, Nagat Ibrahim Abd Elmaged & Meisenberg, Gerhard & Becker, David & Bakhiet, Salaheldin Farah & Essa, Yossry Ahmed Sayed & Lynn, Richard & Al Julayghim, Faris Mohsen Humayjan
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301783 Even a single trivial binding of information is critical for fluid intelligence
by Chuderski, Adam
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301692 Working memory capacity and strategy use on the RAPM
by Jarosz, Andrew F. & Raden, Megan J. & Wiley, Jennifer
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301679 The Flynn effect for fluid IQ may not generalize to all ages or ability levels: A population-based study of 10,000 US adolescents
by Platt, Jonathan M. & Keyes, Katherine M. & McLaughlin, Katie A. & Kaufman, Alan S.
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301680 Working memory training does not enhance older adults' cognitive skills: A comprehensive meta-analysis
by Sala, Giovanni & Aksayli, N. Deniz & Tatlidil, K. Semir & Gondo, Yasuyuki & Gobet, Fernand
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301874 Relatively unintelligent individuals do not benefit from intentionally hindered learning: The role of desirable difficulties
by Wenzel, Kristin & Reinhard, Marc-André
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301850 Enduring the tests of age and time: Wechsler constructs across versions and revisions
by Niileksela, Christopher R. & Reynolds, Matthew R.
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301837 Systematic assessment of perinatal and socio-demographic factors associated with IQ from childhood to adult life following very preterm birth
by Kroll, Jasmin & Karolis, Vyacheslav & Brittain, Philip J. & Tseng, Chieh-En Jane & Froudist-Walsh, Sean & Murray, Robin M. & Nosarti, Chiara
- v:77:y:2019:i:c:s0160289619301825 Multivariate analysis of the Scarr-Rowe interaction across middle childhood and early adolescence
by Giangrande, Evan J. & Beam, Christopher R. & Carroll, Sarah & Matthews, Lucas J. & Davis, Deborah W. & Finkel, Deborah & Turkheimer, Eric
2019, Volume 76, Issue C
- 1-1 Linear and non-linear: An exploration of the variation in the functional form of verbal IQ and antisocial behavior as adolescents age into adulthood
by Silver, Ian A.
- 1-1 Declines in vocabulary among American adults within levels of educational attainment, 1974–2016
by Twenge, Jean M. & Campbell, W. Keith & Sherman, Ryne A.
- 1-1 The proportion and creativity of “old” and “new” ideas: Are they related to fluid intelligence?
by Miroshnik, Kirill G. & Shcherbakova, Olga V.
- 1-1 Should students be smart, curious, or both? Fluid intelligence, openness, and interest co-shape the acquisition of reading and math competence
by Lechner, Clemens M. & Miyamoto, Ai & Knopf, Thomas
- 1-1 Predicting piano skill acquisition in beginners: The role of general intelligence, music aptitude, and mindset
by Burgoyne, Alexander P. & Harris, Lauren Julius & Hambrick, David Z.
- 1-1 Lumpers vs. splitters: Intelligence in children with specific learning disorders
by Giofrè, David & Pastore, Massimiliano & Cornoldi, Cesare & Toffalini, Enrico
- 1-1 Predicting school performance from cognitive ability, self-representation, and personality from primary school to senior high school
by Demetriou, Andreas & Kazi, Smaragda & Spanoudis, George & Makris, Nikolaos
- 1-1 Immediate and long-term memory and their relation to crystallized and fluid intelligence
by Martinez, David
- 1-1 Structural brain imaging correlates of general intelligence in UK Biobank
by Cox, S.R. & Ritchie, S.J. & Fawns-Ritchie, C. & Tucker-Drob, E.M. & Deary, I.J.
2019, Volume 75, Issue C
- 1-8 Why are smarter individuals more prosocial? A study on the mediating roles of empathy and moral identity
by Guo, Qingke & Sun, Peng & Cai, Minghang & Zhang, Xiling & Song, Kexin
- 9-18 First publication of subtests in the Stanford-Binet 5, WAIS-IV, WISC-V, and WPPSI-IV
by Gibbons, Aisa & Warne, Russell T.
- 19-22 Cognitive clustering—How general?
by Loehlin, John C.
- 23-32 Individual differences in cognitive processes underlying Trail Making Test-B performance in old age: The Lothian Birth Cohort 1936
by MacPherson, Sarah E. & Allerhand, Michael & Cox, Simon R. & Deary, Ian J.
- 33-40 Tech tilt predicts jobs, college majors, and specific abilities: Support for investment theories
by Coyle, Thomas R.
- 41-47 Is the impact of SES on educational performance overestimated? Evidence from the PISA survey
by O'Connell, Michael
- 48-58 The causal influence of brain size on human intelligence: Evidence from within-family phenotypic associations and GWAS modeling
by Lee, James J. & McGue, Matt & Iacono, William G. & Michael, Andrew M. & Chabris, Christopher F.
- 59-72 Creative ideation, broad retrieval ability, and processing speed: A confirmatory study of nested cognitive abilities
by Forthmann, Boris & Jendryczko, David & Scharfen, Jana & Kleinkorres, Ruben & Benedek, Mathias & Holling, Heinz
- 73-84 Maximum effort may not be required for valid intelligence test score interpretations
by Gignac, Gilles E. & Bartulovich, Asher & Salleo, Emilee
- 85-94 Intelligence and video games: Beyond “brain-games”
by Quiroga, M.A. & Diaz, A. & Román, F.J. & Privado, J. & Colom, R.
- 95-110 Processing speed, working memory, and executive functions: Independent or inter-related predictors of general intelligence
by Frischkorn, Gidon T. & Schubert, Anna-Lena & Hagemann, Dirk
- 111-121 Exploring a bidirectional model of executive functions and fluid intelligence across early development
by Uka, Fitim & Gunzenhauser, Catherine & Larsen, Ross A. & von Suchodoletz, Antje
2019, Volume 74, Issue C
- 3-11 General cognitive abilities in orangutans (Pongo abelii and Pongo pygmaeus)
by Damerius, Laura A. & Burkart, Judith M. & van Noordwijk, Maria A. & Haun, Daniel B.M. & Kosonen, Zaida K. & Galdikas, Biruté M.F. & Saraswati, Yenny & Kurniawan, Denny & van Schaik, Carel P.
- 12-17 Individual differences in numerical skills are influenced by brain lateralization in guppies (Poecilia reticulata)
by Gatto, Elia & Agrillo, Christian & Brown, Culum & Dadda, Marco
- 18-24 More intelligent chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) have larger brains and increased cortical thickness
by Hopkins, William D. & Li, Xiang & Roberts, Neil
- 25-33 Male New Zealand robin (Petroica longipes) song repertoire size does not correlate with cognitive performance in the wild
by MacKinlay, Regan D. & Shaw, Rachael C.
- 34-42 Mouse twins separated when young: A history of exploration doubles the heritability of boldness and differentially affects the heritability of measures of learning
by Matzel, Louis D. & Bendrath, Sophie & Herzfeld, Margalit & Crawford, Dylan W. & Sauce, Bruno
- 43-52 Cats (Felis silvestris catus) read human gaze for referential information
by Pongrácz, Péter & Szapu, Julianna Szulamit & Faragó, Tamás
- 53-61 A single factor explanation for associative learning performance on colour discrimination problems in common pheasants (Phasianus colchicus)
by van Horik, Jayden O. & Langley, Ellis J.G. & Whiteside, Mark A. & Madden, Joah R.
2019, Volume 73, Issue C
- 1-7 China's urban-rural childhood cognitive divide: evidence from a longitudinal cohort study after a 6-year follow up
by Taji, Wael & Mandell, Blake & Liu, Jianghong
- 8-15 Does intelligence explain national score variance on graduate admissions exams?
by Pesta, Bryan J. & Fuerst, John & Kirkegaard, Emil O.W. & Papaleo, Brent
- 16-29 Do individual differences in test-takers' appraisal of admission testing compromise measurement fairness?
by Sommer, Markus & Arendasy, Martin E. & Punter, Joachim Fritz & Feldhammer-Kahr, Martina & Rieder, Anita
- 30-40 The openness-fluid-crystallized-intelligence (OFCI) model and the environmental enrichment hypothesis
by Trapp, Stefanie & Blömeke, Sigrid & Ziegler, Matthias
- 41-51 People tend to overestimate their romantic partner's intelligence even more than their own
by Gignac, Gilles E. & Zajenkowski, Marcin
- 52-62 Extending psychometric network analysis: Empirical evidence against g in favor of mutualism?
by Kan, Kees-Jan & van der Maas, Han L.J. & Levine, Stephen Z.
- 65-77 Genetic and environmental influences on spatial reasoning: A meta-analysis of twin studies
by King, Michael J. & Katz, David P. & Thompson, Lee A. & Macnamara, Brooke N.
- 78-87 Mechanisms of working memory training: Insights from individual differences
by Meiran, Nachshon & Dreisbach, Gesine & von Bastian, Claudia C.
- 88-100 A meta-analysis of the worst performance rule
by Schubert, Anna-Lena
2019, Volume 72, Issue C
- 1-12 Differentiating between static and complex problems: A theoretical framework and its empirical validation
by Stadler, Matthias & Niepel, Christoph & Greiff, Samuel
- 13-19 The associations between spindle characteristics and cognitive ability in a large adolescent birth cohort
by Pesonen, Anu-Katriina & Ujma, Péter & Halonen, Risto & Räikkönen, Katri & Kuula, Liisa
- 20-27 Socioeconomic status amplifies genetic effects in middle childhood in a large German twin sample
by Gottschling, J. & Hahn, E. & Beam, C.R. & Spinath, F.M. & Carroll, S. & Turkheimer, E.
- 28-34 Could peers influence intelligence during adolescence? An exploratory study
by Meldrum, Ryan Charles & Young, Jacob T.N. & Kavish, Nicholas & Boutwell, Brian B.
- 35-48 Why are difficult figural matrices hard to solve? The role of selective encoding and working memory capacity
by Krieger, Florian & Zimmer, Hubert D. & Greiff, Samuel & Spinath, Frank M. & Becker, Nicolas
- 49-58 Ethnicity and intelligence in children exposed to poverty environments: An analysis using the Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition
by Laborda, Leopoldo & Elosúa, M. Rosa & Gómez-Veiga, Isabel
- 59-66 Growing minds have a maturing mental attention: A review of Demetriou and Spanoudis (2018)
by Pascual-Leone, Juan
- 67-75 Brain structural connectivity correlates with fluid intelligence in children: A DTI graph analysis
by Kocevar, Gabriel & Suprano, Ilaria & Stamile, Claudio & Hannoun, Salem & Fourneret, Pierre & Revol, Olivier & Nusbaum, Fanny & Sappey-Marinier, Dominique
- 76-85 On the dimensionality of crystallized intelligence: A smartphone-based assessment
by Steger, Diana & Schroeders, Ulrich & Wilhelm, Oliver
2018, Volume 71, Issue C
- 1-7 Speed- and accuracy-related measures of an intelligence test are differentially predicted by the speed and accuracy measures of a cognitive task
by Borter, Natalie & Troche, Stefan J. & Rammsayer, Thomas H.
- 8-16 Deviations from a balanced time perspective in late adulthood: Associations with current g and g in youth
by Rönnlund, Michael & Carelli, Maria Grazia
- 17-31 Cognitive abilities and antisocial behavior in prison: A longitudinal assessment using a large state-wide sample of prisoners
by Silver, Ian A. & Nedelec, Joseph L.
- 32-40 Are high-IQ students more at risk of school failure?
by Guez, Ava & Peyre, Hugo & Le Cam, Marion & Gauvrit, Nicolas & Ramus, Franck
- 41-45 Low intellectual ability does not predict violent crime in a military forensic sample
by Umbrasas, Karl V.
- 46-53 Low IQ as a predictor of unsuccessful educational and occupational achievement: A register-based study of 1,098,742 men in Denmark 1968–2016
by Hegelund, Emilie Rune & Flensborg-Madsen, Trine & Dammeyer, Jesper & Mortensen, Erik Lykke
- 54-65 Voters and presidential intelligence
by Cohen, Jeffrey E.
- 66-75 Faster, but not smarter: An experimental analysis of the relationship between mental speed and mental abilities
by Schubert, Anna-Lena & Hagemann, Dirk & Frischkorn, Gidon T. & Herpertz, Sabine C.
- 76-84 Top hundred chess experts: A cross-domain analysis of change over time
by Blanch, Angel
- 85-91 General Intelligence (g), ACT Scores, and Theory of Mind: (ACT)g Predicts Limited Variance Among Theory of Mind Tests
by Coyle, Thomas R. & Elpers, Karrie E. & Gonzalez, Miguel C. & Freeman, Jacob & Baggio, Jacopo A.
2018, Volume 70, Issue C
- 1-6 Different political systems suppress or facilitate the impact of intelligence on how you vote: A comparison of the U.S. and Denmark
by Ludeke, Steven G. & Rasmussen, Stig H.R.
- 7-11 Are there distinct cognitive types?
by Loehlin, John C. & Wright, Margaret J. & Hansell, Narelle K. & Martin, Nicholas G.
- 12-21 Why do angry people overestimate their intelligence? Neuroticism as a suppressor of the association between Trait-Anger and subjectively assessed intelligence
by Zajenkowski, Marcin & Gignac, Gilles E.
- 22-29 The effect of preclinical Alzheimer's disease on age-related changes in intelligence in cognitively normal older adults
by Harrington, Karra D. & Dang, Christa & Lim, Yen Ying & Ames, David & Laws, Simon M. & Pietrzak, Robert H. & Rainey-Smith, Stephanie & Robertson, Joanne & Rowe, Christopher C. & Salvado, Olivier & Villemagne, Victor L. & Masters, Colin L. & Maruff, Paul
- 30-35 Is intelligence associated with mortality from lethal force by law enforcement?
by Alexander, Adam C. & Chen, Weiyu & Ward, Kenneth D.
- 36-41 Higher levels of childhood intelligence predict increased support for economic conservatism in adulthood
by Lewis, Gary J. & Bates, Timothy C.
- 42-51 Are there sex differences in confidence and metacognitive monitoring accuracy for everyday, academic, and psychometrically measured spatial ability?
by Ariel, Robert & Lembeck, Natalie A. & Moffat, Scott & Hertzog, Christopher
- 52-60 Putting the temporal resolution power (TRP) hypothesis to a critical test: Is the TRP-g relationship still more fundamental than an optimized relationship between speed of information processing and g?
by Pahud, Olivier & Rammsayer, Thomas H. & Troche, Stefan J.
- 61-72 The effect of birth order on the probability of university enrolment
by Kuba, Radim & Flegr, Jaroslav & Havlíček, Jan
- 73-83 Reflections about intelligence over 40 years
by Flynn, James R.
2018, Volume 69, Issue C
- 1-7 Wages, mental abilities and assessments in large scale international surveys: Still not much more than g
by Ganzach, Yoav & Patel, Pankaj C.
- 8-15 Stability of intelligence from infancy through adolescence: An autoregressive latent variable model
by Yu, Huihui & McCoach, D. Betsy & Gottfried, Allen W. & Gottfried, Adele Eskeles
- 16-23 Curvilinear dependency of response accuracy on response time in cognitive tests
by Chen, Haiqin & De Boeck, Paul & Grady, Matthew & Yang, Chien-Lin & Waldschmidt, David
- 24-36 Regional Differences in Intelligence in 22 Countries and their Economic, Social and Demographic Correlates: A Review
by Lynn, Richard & Fuerst, John & Kirkegaard, Emil O.W.
- 37-49 Dedifferentiation and differentiation of intelligence in adults across age and years of education
by Hartung, Johanna & Doebler, Philipp & Schroeders, Ulrich & Wilhelm, Oliver
- 50-58 Socially desirable responding suppresses the association between self-assessed intelligence and task-based intelligence
by Gignac, Gilles E.
- 59-70 Intelligence and the rationality of political preferences
by Ganzach, Yoav
- 71-86 Intelligence in youth and health behaviours in middle age
by Wraw, Christina & Der, Geoff & Gale, Catharine R. & Deary, Ian J.
- 87-93 FLynn-effect and economic growth: Do national increases in intelligence lead to increases in GDP?
by Rindermann, Heiner & Becker, David
- 94-103 Swedish student perceptions of achievement practices: The role of intelligence
by Brown, Gavin T.L. & Eklöf, Hanna
- 104-116 Predictors of the IQ-achievement gap in France: A longitudinal analysis
by Guez, Ava & Panaïotis, Thelma & Peyre, Hugo & Ramus, Franck
- 117-122 Working memory capacity, short-term memory capacity, and the continued influence effect: A latent-variable analysis
by Brydges, Christopher R. & Gignac, Gilles E. & Ecker, Ullrich K.H.
- 123-133 Genetic and environmental influences on the phenotypic associations between intelligence, personality, and creative achievement in the arts and sciences
by de Manzano, Örjan & Ullén, Fredrik
- 134-145 Reaction times match IQ for major causes of mortality: Evidence from a population based prospective cohort study
by Der, Geoff & Deary, Ian J.
- 146-157 Mental rotation and fluid intelligence: A brain potential analysis
by Varriale, Vincenzo & van der Molen, Maurits W. & De Pascalis, Vilfredo
- 158-168 The characterization of attention resource capacity and its relationship with fluid reasoning intelligence: A multiple object tracking study
by Tullo, Domenico & Faubert, Jocelyn & Bertone, Armando
- 169-175 IQ and political attitudes across British regions and local authorities
by Carl, Noah
- 176-185 Working memory involvement in reaction time and its contribution to fluid intelligence: An examination of individual differences in reaction-time distributions
by Meiran, Nachshon & Shahar, Nitzan
- 186-194 Using inspection time and ex-Gaussian parameters of reaction time to predict executive functions in children with ADHD
by Galloway-Long, Hilary & Huang-Pollock, Cynthia
- 195-199 Higher IQ in adolescence is related to a younger subjective age in later life: Findings from the Wisconsin Longitudinal Study
by Stephan, Yannick & Sutin, Angelina R. & Kornadt, Anna & Caudroit, Johan & Terracciano, Antonio
- 200-212 A neurocomputational model of developmental trajectories of gifted children under a polygenic model: When are gifted children held back by poor environments?
by Thomas, Michael S.C.
2018, Volume 68, Issue C
- 1-5 The contribution of intellectual abilities to young adult's educational differences in health care use – A prospective cohort study
by Kraft, Maren & Arts, Koos & Traag, Tanja & Otten, Ferdy & Bosma, Hans
- 6-20 Effects of cognitive abilities on child and youth academic achievement: Evidence from the WISC-V and WIAT-III
by Caemmerer, Jacqueline M. & Maddocks, Danika L.S. & Keith, Timothy Z. & Reynolds, Matthew R.
- 21-29 Brain-intelligence relationships across childhood and adolescence: A latent-variable approach
by Román, Francisco J. & Morillo, Daniel & Estrada, Eduardo & Escorial, Sergio & Karama, Sherif & Colom, Roberto
- 30-36 Does general intelligence moderate the association between inflammation and psychological distress?
by Midouhas, Emily & Flouri, Eirini & Papachristou, Efstathios & Kokosi, Theodora
- 37-47 Speed and the Flynn Effect
by Must, Olev & Must, Aasa
- 48-57 Intelligence and religious disbelief in the United States
by Souza, Tatiene C. & Cribari–Neto, Francisco
- 58-65 The predictive value of developmental assessments at 1 and 2 for intelligence quotients at 6
by Girault, Jessica B. & Langworthy, Benjamin W. & Goldman, Barbara D. & Stephens, Rebecca L. & Cornea, Emil & Steven Reznick, J. & Fine, Jason & Gilmore, John H.
- 66-69 Honesty, rule violation and cognitive ability: A reply to Gächter and Schulz
by Rindermann, Heiner & Becker, David & Thompson, James
- 70-81 Age-moderation of genetic and environmental contributions to cognitive functioning in mid- and late-life for specific cognitive abilities
by Pahlen, Shandell & Hamdi, Nayla R. & Dahl Aslan, Anna K. & Horwitz, Briana N. & Panizzon, Matthew S. & Petersen, Inge & Zavala, Catalina & Christensen, Kaare & Finkel, Deborah & Franz, Carol E. & Gatz, Margaret & Johnson, Wendy & Kremen, William S. & Krueger, Robert F. & Neiderhiser, Jenae M. & Reynolds, Chandra A. & Pedersen, Nancy L. & McGue, Matt
- 82-86 A Flynn Effect in Khartoum, the Sudanese capital, 2004–2016
by Dutton, Edward & Bakhiet, Salaheldin Farah Attallah & Osman, Habab Abdlahiy & Becker, David & Essa, Yossry Ahmed Sayed & Blahmar, Tahani Abdulrahman Muhammad & Lynn, Richard & Hakami, Sultan Mohammed
- 87-99 Signatures of multiple processes contributing to fluid reasoning performance
by Shokri-Kojori, Ehsan & Krawczyk, Daniel C.
- 101-108 Executive functioning (fully) and processing speed (mostly) mediate intelligence deficits in children born very preterm
by Brydges, Christopher R. & Reid, Corinne L. & Campbell, Catherine & French, Noel & Anderson, Mike