Civil Conflict and Human Capital Accumulation: The Long Term Effects of Political Violence in PerÃº
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Valerie Cerra & Sweta Chaman Saxena, 2008.
"Growth Dynamics: The Myth of Economic Recovery,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 439-457, March.
- Sweta Chaman Saxena & Valerie Cerra, 2005. "Growth Dynamics; The Myth of Economic Recovery," IMF Working Papers 05/147, International Monetary Fund.
- Valerie Cerra & Sweta Chaman Saxena, 2007. "Growth dynamics: the myth of economic recovery," BIS Working Papers 226, Bank for International Settlements.
- Valerie Cerra & Sweta C. Saxena, 2005. "Growth Dynamics: The Myth of Economic Recovery," Macroeconomics 0508008, EconWPA.
- Harold Alderman & John Hoddinott & Bill Kinsey, 2006.
"Long term consequences of early childhood malnutrition,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 450-474, July.
- Alderman,Harold & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Long-term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," FCND discussion papers 168, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Harold Alderman & John Hoddinott & Bill Kinsey, 2004. "Long Term Consequences Of Early Childhood Malnutrition," HiCN Working Papers 09, Households in Conflict Network.
- Alderman,Harold & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Long-term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," FCND briefs 168, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke, 1998. "On Economic Causes of Civil War," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 563-573, October.
- Escobal, Javier & Flores, Eva, 2009. "Maternal Migration and Child Well-Being in Peru," MPRA Paper 56463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopher Blattman & Jeannie Annan, 2010. "The Consequences of Child Soldiering," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 882-898, November.
- Harold Alderman & Jere R. Behrman & Victor Lavy & Rekha Menon, 2001. "Child Health and School Enrollment: A Longitudinal Analysis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(1), pages 185-205.
- World Bank, 2009. "World Development Indicators 2009," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4367, April.
- Steven Brakman & Harry Garretsen & Marc Schramm, 2004.
"The strategic bombing of German cities during World War II and its impact on city growth,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 201-218, April.
- Steven Brakman & Harry Garretsen & Marc Schramm, 2002. "The Strategic Bombing of German Cities during World War II and its Impact on City Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 808, CESifo Group Munich.
- World Bank, 2001. "Peruvian Education at a Crossroads : Challenges and Opportunities for the 21st Century," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13948, April.
- Eik Leong Swee, 2009. "On War and Schooling Attainment: The Case of Bosnia and Herzegovina," HiCN Working Papers 57, Households in Conflict Network.
- Marco Castillo & Ragan Petrie, 2007. "Discrimination in the Warplace: Evidence from a Civil War in Peru," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2007-10, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Paul Collier & Nicholas Sambanis, 2005. "Understanding Civil War : Evidence and Analysis, Volume 1. Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7437, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Conflicts and Economic Development
by Dany Jaimovich - Bakary Baludin in Development Therapy on 2013-03-04 20:32:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thiemo Fetzer, 2014. "Can Workfare Programs Moderate Violence? Evidence from India," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 53, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Silvio Rendon, 2012.
"A Discrete Choice Approach to Estimating Armed Conflicts’ Casualties: Revisiting the Numbers of a ‘Truth Commission’,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
12-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Rendon, Silvio, 2012. "A Discrete Choice Approach to Estimating Armed Conflicts' Casualties: Revisiting the Numbers of a 'Truth Commission'," IZA Discussion Papers 6827, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jose Galdo, 2013.
"The Long-Run Labor-Market Consequences of Civil War: Evidence from the Shining Path in Peru,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 789-823.
- Galdo, Jose C., 2010. "The Long-Run Labor-Market Consequences of Civil War: Evidence from the Shining Path in Peru," IZA Discussion Papers 5028, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Achyuta Adhvaryu & James Fenske, 2013.
"War, resilience and political engagement in Africa,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2013-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Achyuta Adhvaryu & James Fenske, 2014. "Conflict and the Formation of Political Beliefs in Africa," HiCN Working Papers 164, Households in Conflict Network.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6638 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohamed, Issam A.W., 2011. "Challenges of formal social security systems in Sudan," MPRA Paper 31611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordschildren; schooling cycle; life; mother's health; child; demand human capital; war location; birth; Civil Conflict; Education; Persistence; Economic shocks; PerÃº; violence; education; adult; human capital accumulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-06-04 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2010-06-04 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .