Urban Governance and Finance in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- M. Govinda Rao & Richard M. Bird, 2010. "Urban Governance and Finance in India," Governance Working Papers 21851, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- M. Govinda Rao & Bird, Richard M., 2010. "Urban governance and finance in India," Working Papers 10/68, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simanti Bandyopadhyay & M. Govinda Rao, 2009.
"Fiscal Health of Selected Indian Cities,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22970, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- M.Govinda Rao & Simanti Bandyopadhyay, 2009. "Fiscal Health of Selected Indian Cities," Working Papers id:2058, eSocialSciences.
- Bandyopadhyay,Simanti & M. Govinda Rao, 2009. "Fiscal health of selected Indian cities," Working Papers 09/58, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Bandyopadhyay, Simanti & Rao, M. Govinda, 2009. "Fiscal health of selected Indian cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4863, The World Bank.
- R. Kavita Rao, 2008. "Goods and Services Tax for India," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22976, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Enid Slack & Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & José Miguel Fernández Güell & Eduardo Rojas & Richard Bird & Jeroen Klink & Christian Lefévre & Joan Subirats & Quim Brugué & Andrés Monzón & Alberto Etchegaray, 2005. "Governing the Metropolis: Principles and Cases," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 79939 edited by Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & José Miguel Fernández Güell & Eduardo Rojas, February.
- János Kornai, 2014. "The soft budget constraint," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 64(supplemen), pages 25-79, November.
- Breton,Albert, 1996. "Competitive Governments," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521481021, March.
- Jonathan A. Rodden & Gunnar S. Eskeland (ed.), 2003. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Challenge of Hard Budget Constraints," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182297, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simanti Bandyopadhyay, 2012. "Performance Evaluation of Urban Local Governments: A Case for Indian Cities," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1232, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Simanti Bandyopadhyay, 2013. "Property Tax Reforms in India: A Comparison of Delhi and Bangalore," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1321, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
Keywordscities; India; urban public finance; urban governance; intergovernmental fiscal; relations; property tax; Economic Dynamism; finance; public services; housing; city; metropolitan areas; infrastructure finance; demands; economically;
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-05-29 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-PBE-2010-05-29 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-05-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .